Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED UV input

We are looking at converting our Ryobi 5-color 755XL Packaging edition to LED UV with a coater.
    we are looking at either the GEW system or the AMS system.
    Looking for input from anyone actually running either system (or experience with both).

One of our biggest concerns is that with the packaging edition press, the collapsible drum system can add a few complications to the positioning of the LED units.
    Also, we are looking at getting two LED units, one after the 1st unit, and one after the coater.

Thank you for your help!
    If you cut me, I'll bleed 187.

I would consider installing lamps at end of press (after last print unit) and after coater. The UV equipment supplier can give you the best suggestions as they have installed hundreds of units I expect.
    Last edited by Cornishpastythighs; 01-16-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

We have done 3 LED UV conversions in our plant. Actually we were approximately the 3rd conversion in North America back in 2012 so we have a lot of experience with LED. In terms of configuration the possibilities are endless, it really depends what work you do. Ours were purchased from AMS,. all long perfectors. If you are serious about LED...do yourself a favour and go to print UV at the end of March. You will leave that conference fully informed!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomatron View Post
        We have done 3 LED UV conversions in our plant. Actually we were approximately the 3rd conversion in North America back in 2012 so we have a lot of experience with LED. In terms of configuration the possibilities are endless, it really depends what work you do. Ours were purchased from AMS,. all long perfectors. If you are serious about LED...do yourself a favour and go to print UV at the end of March. You will leave that conference fully informed!!
        Thank you for the input! I know we were discussing Print UV.
        any Pros / Cons with the AMS that stand out to you?

Comment

We would never go with any other supplier for LED. If you look back these guys are the ones that pioneered LED in the printing world. The company is very well run, the start-up is painless and teh systems do exactly what they say they will. The only con is that it is expensive technology. We would never even entertain the idea of going back to conventional ink. Any specific questions...just ask away.

Comment

Thank you, I will pass this info on and let you know if there are any other questions.
            AMS is not far from us in Wisconsin, so that added to the draw of using them.

Comment

4OverDuploCanonKBATharsternAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)

Presswise Article

Collapse

Automated Order Status Tracking
            In PressWise Workflow Solution

Presswise order status
            Quick overview of the order status tracking feature on PressWise’s automated workflow solution

Link to Video

4OverDuploCanonKBAAvantiXeroxTharsternSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5659 users online. 91 members and 5568 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
            X