Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Done

That's funny. I once made up a joke business card for Happy Crappy Printing. When you need it fast and don't care what it looks like...

Comment

Is Zippy Dippy Printers run by the cousin of George Carlin's Hippy Dippy Weatherman?

Comment

"I promise you will not be disappointed if you just take out a few pieces from the top and won't dig too deep..."

Comment

The reason I chose you instead of Sheets of Glory Printers, was because you offered free delivery...

Comment

Originally posted by MyWildIrishProse View Post
            Is Zippy Dippy Printers run by the cousin of George Carlin's Hippy Dippy Weatherman?
            To make a short story long, I think I suffer from unintentional word mashupitis. Zippy Print is an actual franchise printing business (not referred to in this cartoon). and I have been watching some George Carlin video's on YouTube recently, and I do tend to blend words like this. Here's the inside spread of a brochure - "Thrillage Village" - that I designed in 1982 as a marketing piece for a printing company to help its tourism related clients organize their folder materials.

The folder folder.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by alibryan View Post
              The reason I chose you instead of Sheets of Glory Printers, was because you offered free delivery...
              When I first read your comment - I misread it and thought you were referring to:

ex-lax-gentle-overnight-laxative-chocolate-pieces-18-units.png

I guess should have my morning coffee before reading PrintPlanet.

Comment

Originally posted by Repro_Pro View Post
                "I promise you will not be disappointed if you just take out a few pieces from the top and won't dig too deep..."
                Or compare the printing in one box against another!

Comment

And please remember our long standing motto: "We rarely have time to do it right, we always have time to do it again".
                  Last edited by Repro_Pro; 03-11-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post

Or compare the printing in one box against another!
                    Oh now that's a whole nutter story . . . back in the day when all we had was a 2/c SORM we got a seven color job in and between the lack of process control and having to re-stack the sheets so many times (short stack delivery) when we delivered the job it was refused because some were redder some were correct and some were bluer . . . so we went and got the job back . . . went through them and sorted them by hue . . reboxed and delivered the job in two weeks . . . viola job accepted no problems . . . it turned out that when they opened the first shipment you could see blocks of reddish next to blocks of blueish etc. . . . onvce we sorted it out you opened the box and they all looked the same . . . .

lesson learned
                    Last edited by dabob; 03-13-2018, 12:42 PM.
                    "If you think you are too small to be effective
                    you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."

Comment

Originally posted by dabob View Post

Oh now that's a whole nutter story . . . back in the day when all we had was a 2/c SORM we got a seven color job in and between the lack of process control and having to re-stack the sheets so many times (shot stack delivery) when we delivered the job it was refused because some were redder some were correct and some were bluer . . . so we went and got the job back . . . went through them and sorted them by hue . . reboxed and delivered the job in two weeks . . . viola job accepted no problems . . . it turned out that when they opened the first shipment you could see blocks of reddish next to blocks of blueish etc. . . . onvce we sorted it out you opened the box and they all looked the same . . . .

lesson learned
                      It was a free Munsell Farnsworth test for the employees!

Comment

Originally posted by dabob View Post

Oh now that's a whole nutter story . . . back in the day when all we had was a 2/c SORM we got a seven color job...
                        That gives new meaning to the term 4/4.
                        4 passes on each side.

Comment

This reminds me of the old printer who replied: "What does this matter, each person only gets ONE"...

Comment

Your post reminds me of something my coworker used to say when he was having troubles with consistent color on press, "Every 'Piece is a Rembrandt - no two sheets are the same".

Comment

Originally posted by Possumgal View Post
                              That's funny. I once made up a joke business card for Happy Crappy Printing. When you need it fast and don't care what it looks like...
                              That's good. I had cards made and seeded one of our sales person's, God rest his soul. I swapped out his name with Bubba on one version, can't remember the second version, but my favorite was, under Quality Inks & Rollers I put the motto "We don't rent pigs." It only took a week or so before a customer called him out on it. Funnier times.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesGTILabelexpoKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4953 users online. 83 members and 4870 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X