Best folder to use with digitally printed material

Maxgraphixowner

Im using Baum 714. Works great BUT when folding 100# coated text if there's alot of coverage it locks up in the folder. I have other jobs done digitally with little coverage that folds fine. If I score it on the Heidleberg before folding it, doesnt help at all. I also have a small Duplo table top folder that it doesnt lock up in but folds crooked with the heavy coverage. These are repeat jobs so I really need to figure an answer for this.... Any ideas? Thanks

Im going in tomorrow and are going to try rubber rejuvinator on the Duplo rubber rollers and see if that helps it fold straighter. Its all I can think of to try?

A couple of months ago we took delivery of a new Morgana Digifold Pro XL
Very early days however every job its done so far has been much quicker, easier and more accurate than previously, in fact a pleasure to use.
With coated digital stocks, apart from excessive static, air feed should resolve all the issues that friction feed introduces.
We sold our Duplo DF-1200 folder when the Digifold came, it would experience the same problems the OP describes, particularly with heavier stocks where a buckle folder isn't the right tool for the job. We also offloaded an Autocreaser Pro 33 and similarly, found that pre-creasing heavy stocks before folding on the Duplo, whilst preventing cracking on the fold, didn't encourage registration accuracy to any noticeable degree.

I picked up the Morgan's digifold pro XL also

Had some issues in the beginning with 100lb text trifold and half fold not being consistent but the techs came out and set some pre set jobs for them with some roller and air specific settings and that helped. Not sure if anyone else had those issues.

I also notice that the fold and crease lines done really line up well no matter how much you adjust but it's barely noticeable.

100lb covers up to 16pt is a breeze and joy to use on this machine. 20lb is not rated but still will fold with a bunch of headache misdeeds.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back