Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Responsible

...so, don´t you think there must be a difference between you as a boss and me as your worker? If so, let´s talk about the salary...

Comment

Gordo ought to get a record number of likes on this one.

Comment

This must be a new way of doing things. In my experience, whenever something goes wrong with a job, it’s always either file related (customer’s fault), or print related (pressroom’s fault). Pre-press is almost never at fault, so no one needs to worry about being responsible!

Comment

alibryan are you guys hiring? I've been at this for 30 years...it is ALWAYS prepress's fault. Customer's file is bad? pull out the turd polish. Or the ever-popular "well the last place never had a problem with our Powerpoint presentation placed in Corel Draw and saved as a PDF and embedded in Pagemaker file....what's transparency anyway?" Plates are out of calibration? Have prepress generate a new curve-nevermind we haven't cleaned the processor in weeks. Pressman can't hold the highlights? - What do you mean the colorbar shows this is a press issue -just add 5% and give us another plate ASAP!

Comment

Macmann, Literally nothing that you mentioned in your post, would be prepress’s fault. Other than the plate processor needing to be cleaned (every 90 days), the other things are all variables that are out of prepress control. I’m not saying prepress is never to blame for anything (I’m in the pressroom, after all), only that they rarely seem to actually be at fault.

Comment

Ahh yes...but we are Responsible. ;-)

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
              Instant October Trade Show Survey
              Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
              Will you be at one of them?
              Both? Neither?
              Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiGraph Expo4OverKBAAMSAvantiEnfocusGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5493 users online. 105 members and 5388 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
              X