11x17 Transparencies on the Canon 6010

rcreveli

I print the occasional transparency for a local screen printer and I'm trying to help him out. Does anyone know of a workaround on the 6010 to run transparencies over 8.5x11. The machine will not let you select transparencies or labels on larger sizes.

Ray

I've had the same issues when using any driver setting that indicated non-paper substrates. Have you tried just telling it to use the correct GSM paper? Basically tricking the machine into thinking it's just a thick cover sheet. You may have to tweak the image quality related settings to avoid pitting or thin laydown, but this tactic has always fixed my similar issues.

Related note: I gave up on lasers for my screen positives years ago and went to inkjets for more consistent results. There are several 13x19 inkjets for US$150-ish which are far simpler to use for this application. Check out Casey's Film (about the same cost as laser positives).

Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back