64'' printers roland vs640i, Epson sc4060, or Mimaki (cut&print)?

gandafly

hello guys, help me to buy my new eco-solvent 64'' printer, witch is better?

I'm between, Roland VS640 and Mimaki CJV150-160...

Last edited:
If you do a little research on signs101 you can see a ton of issues that Roland buyers have had and are having with the VS640. I personally have never run one, but the feedback is enough to keep me away. We run 2 older Mimaki JV33's and they are work horses, easy to maintain and consistent. I would caution you about buying an all-in-one print/cut solution from the standpoint that if either the print or the cut goes out, you're completely down usually. My personal recommendation would be to consider an HP Latex machine and a separate cutter/plotter. If you go with eco-solvent, you have to consider that those prints should be allowed to outgas before laminating. With the HP Latex, the prints come off the printer ready to finish. Our next printer buy will be a HP Latex. Let me know if I can give any other feedback. Good Luck!

Ei, tks. yes I allready read a lot abou it, may be the mimaki 150-160 (or mimaki 300 bat more expensive and only mor fast i tink), is the best choice for me, the cost of the ink of roland and of mimaki are equiparable? did you know? and the long term costs of the machine?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back