AB Dick Century 3000 IR lamp problem

CostaRicaPrinter

AB Dick Century tech needed! I had a short in my lamp circuit - the 220v connection going into the panel made a short. Got that fixed. However, I have no 5v signal from the mother board to my IR lamp panel. One of the three "couplers" on the mother board that feeds the 5v circuit puts out only 1.5 volts, the others give me 4.9 or 4.8 volts (close enough). Could this be the problem? Wouldn't i have SOME voltage even if one coupler were low?

Also, I don't know if the thermostat on the lamp could have burned out, and am not sure how to test it.

Any advice or schematics would be well appreciated. The electrical schematic that comes with the manual is not detailed enough for us to track down my problem. Thanks!

BG

AB DICK Century 3500

AB DICK Century 3500

I have a AB DICK Century 3500 in excellent condition Serial # 65240 2002 model
call me if interested
Eddie Armendariz 915 253 9954 [

QUOTE=CostaRicaPrinter;215368]AB Dick Century tech needed! I had a short in my lamp circuit - the 220v connection going into the panel made a short. Got that fixed. However, I have no 5v signal from the mother board to my IR lamp panel. One of the three "couplers" on the mother board that feeds the 5v circuit puts out only 1.5 volts, the others give me 4.9 or 4.8 volts (close enough). Could this be the problem? Wouldn't i have SOME voltage even if one coupler were low?

Also, I don't know if the thermostat on the lamp could have burned out, and am not sure how to test it.

Any advice or schematics would be well appreciated. The electrical schematic that comes with the manual is not detailed enough for us to track down my problem. Thanks!

BG[/QUOTE]

AB Dick Century tech needed! I had a short in my lamp circuit - the 220v connection going into the panel made a short. Got that fixed. However, I have no 5v signal from the mother board to my IR lamp panel. One of the three "couplers" on the mother board that feeds the 5v circuit puts out only 1.5 volts, the others give me 4.9 or 4.8 volts (close enough). Could this be the problem? Wouldn't i have SOME voltage even if one coupler were low?

BG

First, rule out the obvious, disconnect the machine from its power source and check the fuses for continuity with a multimeter (if you are not familiar with this then find an electrician to do it for you)...don't test this without disconnecting power first (voltage can be deadly)...

Once you have ruled out that then I would have the same board that shorted first tested by an electrical engineer or someone equally competent to check/test the board itself thoroughly to confirm that there are no other hidden shorts (electricity can do strange things and you already know there has been 1 short already)...

If this is ruled out then you will have to have a schematic to trouble shoot further, could be a fryed coil, or other component...

Hi - yes, we already ran all those tests. It appears to be the thermostat. It has an open circuit, and we should have resistance. I've ordered one, and I hope this fixes it! Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back