AB Dick Century 3500 "Redundant Safety System Failure"

Mr.PrintX

Hello to all fellow printers!. We are a small family print shop in south Texas that been around for more than 30 years and we have our AB Dick Century 3500 down for a few months by now, we tried to have service (as the way we used to have it from AB DICK in the past), and surprise: no more service, no more parts, no nothing!.
So I wonder if anybody had encounter this problem on your press "Redundant Safety System Failure". We just can get to do nothing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Blessings to everybody!.

Hello - I have a Century 3000, and I've never had this error. But sometimes when a certain malfunction has happened over and over, it will give an error of "too many times" or to that effect. So it seems like there is a sensor or something in the "safety" system that hasn't been fixed. This would be the guards, and I don't know what else. Have you tried starting the press with the sensors turned off? Sorry I can't be of more help. We print up a storm with our 3000, and I hope it keeps going for awhile. All the best! BG

Hello to all fellow printers!. We are a small family print shop in south Texas that been around for more than 30 years and we have our AB Dick Century 3500 down for a few months by now, we tried to have service (as the way we used to have it from AB DICK in the past), and surprise: no more service, no more parts, no nothing!.
So I wonder if anybody had encounter this problem on your press "Redundant Safety System Failure". We just can get to do nothing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Blessings to everybody!.

Hi Mr.PrintX,
I own a Century 3500 in my shop and I am also an independent service tech and am glad to offer any help...while I am not factory trained on the 3500 press I do have the service manual and have gone through the press I have from feeder to delivery. Yes parts are no longer available from AB Dick which was bought by Presstek and then again by Mark Andy. I do however know of a parts company that has some parts inventory, PM me if you need something and I will try to help...as for the "redundant safety system failure" this could be several things, some simple some not so simple to diagnose. When this message is displayed have you tried pushing the emergency stop button, release it, then hit the stop button to reset the error? Also, mode 0692 enter which will take you into service mode and you can run through the menu to manual then choose individual item to test to see if there is a problem, such as a sensor, switch, etc. malfunctioning.

Let me know if any of this helps I will try to help further if needed...

John

Hello, I live in Mexico and have a Century 3500 with the same problem as you can imagine I can´t find parts or service. Did you find solution for it? I also have a DPM 2340 digital platemaster and it Works but can´t find chemicals in Mex. Thank You.

The "REDUNDANT SAFETY SYSTEM FAILURE" deals with the safety circuit for the covers and includes the emergency stop buttons. If a cover is open the switch opens the circuit disabling the machine from running, but it will inch. The two emergency stop buttons each have 4 wires to them. When the button is pushed one circuit using 2 of these wires opens disabling the machine from running like opening a safety cover, except it also disables inching. The other two wires on each safety switch complete the redundant part of the safety system and will give the "REDUNDANT SAFETY SYSTEM FAILURE" message on the control panel if this circuit is open. If you get this message, check to make sure all four wires are making good contact to the emergency stop switch terminals. Check this for both emergency stop switches. This error can be produced if a stop switch is pushed during other procedures but can be reset by shutting down power to the machine and powering back up. If you power back up and the "REDUNDANT SAFETY SYSTEM FAILURE" will not go away check the wires as stated above, if wires have good connections check for a faulty emergency stop switch.

hola Juan no se si ya resolviste tu problema pero el problema principal esta en la fuente de poder de la maquina que envia los voltajes de +12, -12 y de +5 volts., en el manual de servicio viene una seccion de calibrar el voltaje de salida mediante 3 potenciometros que controlan cada voltaje individualmente y regulando cada uno podria mejorar y solucionar la falla pero yo me tope con ese problema y aun calibrando la corriente de salida segia marcandome ese error y despues checando los capacitores nos dimos cuenta que el voltaje permanecia constante pero los capacitores secos arrojaban variacion de amperaje y era lo que nos hacia que el panel de contro se reiniciara y presentara otras fallas. puedes cambiar los capacitores pero en ebay yo he comprado fuentes de poder en 50usd y se soluciona el problema. espero te sirva.

Hola Garay; todavia tenemos el mismo problema a pesar de que otras gentes nos han dado tips o ideas de que hacer para solucionarlo y pues nada. Primero muchas gracias por tu amabilidad de decirme que hacer, en cuestión de saber leer lo de los voltajes nomas no se nada, si tenemos un Manual de Servicio, pero buscando atraves de sus paginas, me encuentro con que no tenemos la pagina con los esquemáticos del alambrado!. Si tu sabes de alguien (o quizás tu) que pudiera venir a Laredo, Texas yo con mucho gusto pagaría por su servicio. me doy cuenta de que estas en Monterrey y de allí salí yo hace ya muchos años y también tenemos muchos años con este negocio que Dios nos dio. Si puedes contestarme te estaría siempre agradecido! mi numero: 956-723-6687 mi correo: [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back