About Ryobi 582H

hello everybody
I have Single Colour Gestetner offset printing machine. Now i am planning to buy used two colour offset printing machine of size 18"X23" or 15" X 20". I need information on Ryobi 582H which offers perfecting & which is also a good match for my requirement. This is going to be my first two colour machine. Will this machine produce consistent hi-quality printing (process colour ptg) ? What about its perfecting ? Mostly we do single colour work, but we do have short & medium run 4colour work. Thats the reason why i am considering this machine.
So any suggestions regarding this machine are most welcome.
thanks in advance.

Re: About Ryobi 582H

It depends more upon what you call consistent high quality, and how skilled and patient your press operator is. This equipment may get you ahead of where you are now, but it won't make you competative with all the colour trade printers out there that print full colour work fast, cheap, and right.

you are right
but thats what i want, to move ahead
so i need more info. on Ryobi 582H ( technical specifications i.e. Dampening system, registration etc.)

Hi,

The Ryobi 582H is a good press but it is not a perfector which is one of your requirements. I have many satisfied customers with this machine that are producing four color work on it with large solids and fine screens. The press has a large double diameter impression cylinder and grips the sheet only once during two color printing which means that the registration from unit to unit is accurate because of not gripper changes during two color printing. The feeder is a stream fed with a tape feed board and the sheet is registered by front lays and a side guide prior to the swing gripper taking the sheet into the cylinder system. The inker has 17 rollers including the ink ductor and the continuous dampener has 4 roller system (pan roller, metering roller, chrome oscillating transfer roller and water form. There is a oscillating bridge roller between the water form and the no.1 ink form that I did not include in the ink or dampener roller count. Plate cylinder lateral and radial registration is via digital input from the delivery panel. Overall the press will do just fine for four color work (two passes) but as another poster mentioned, a four color is what you need to be the most productive and competitive but I do not know your market in India and perhaps a two color will suffice until you build your business enough to invest in a four color machine.

Kel,
Why push Heidelberg etc there's nothing wrong with Ryobi or Sakurai etc. You have blinkers on if you don't investigate all options. Blair, I have a 582 & run colour work all day including a full size colour job I do every month which is 575mm X 450mm & doesn't miss a beat......I've had it for 3 yrs & never had a spanner on it. Don't like print shops using trade printers as in my opinion they are feeding work to designers who hang on to the job instead of passing it on to a legit print shop & then all they do is whack on their margin for doing STUFF ALL.......meanwhile the trade houses are working their arses off on thin margins........here in aust it's totally stuffing up the trade. Aditya, I would totally recomend the 582.

Thanks guys for your kind reply.
You have provided valuable information.
I am not investing in Heidelberg coz i am not ready to invest that much. As i have said earlier that this is going to be my first two colour.
Leo, i have noticed on the internet that this Ryobi 582H is a perfector machine. Are you sure it is not a perfecting machine?
I am looking for this machine (manufactured between 1995 - 1998). In what price range it comes? If somebody offers me this machine, what should i check in this two colour machine?
Andrew, i definitely wants more feedback from you as you are having this machine.

Ryobi made a 562 Perfector but never a 582 in a Perfector. The 582 has one large double diameter impression cylinder and for a Ryobi perfector it would need a single-double-single transfer cylinder configuration between the first and second units (impression cylinders) so perhaps the sales information is incorrect.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back