Accuset 1000 and CS4+

Printar

We've never been able to image to our Accuset 1000W Plus from CS4. We'll be getting CS5 soon and I'm assuming nothing has changed. We don't want to upgrade anything much as we don't see the benefit of investing more in the film/metal plate system. We'll be going to direct-to-plate as the next "upgrade." If we can find an easy, cheap, solution to imaging to the Accuset 1000W Plus from CS4+ we would go that route for the time being.

Machine is running off a PowerMac 9600/300, Viper 1.5.1 and the breakout box. The breakout box won't work on any other machine. Will purchasing Viper 1.9.2 used help the Adobe CS issues? Would anything else need to be upgraded?

Also, is there a solution to hooking the breakout box to a G4/5? I tried it once and couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Research led me to believe that is not possible.

Will purchasing Viper 1.9.2 used help the Adobe CS issues?
No: CS3 and further need PostScript level 3, but Viper 1.9.2 is only level 2
(I had a Viper 1.9.2, and it didn't work well with the CS3).

The first PS level 3 Viper RIP is the Viper 3, it works fine with CS4, and will run on your PM9600... but I don't know anything about the compatibility with your breakout box???

We sell a new RIP for the Agfa machines that would allow you to output from any new design application including Adobe CS - CS5 and Acrobat X. The new RIP is also PDF v.1.7 compatible so it support transparencies. It sounds like your RIP may no longer be able to properly process your jobs. You can find out more about the latest Harlequin RIP on the following page:

Agfa RIP Workflow & RIP Software, Agfa ProSet, Accuset, SelectSet, Avantra, 5000, 7000, 36, 44

This RIP also has the ability to output TIFF files which means it can be used to output to a wide variety of platesetter, proofers and third party devices. You can also add a variety of interface cards and cables down the road to drive a wide variety of CTP devices directly. It also includes a PDF Raster output plugin which would allow you to output PDF proofs from the RIP which can then be emailed to customers for approval. We include 90 days of technical support with every new RIP as well as WebEx online support. We would also assist with the calibration of the imagesetter and the press.

Thanks,
RTI Global Support Team
Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 8.3

We work with Apple, CS5, an Agfa accuset 1000 and a viper rip 1.5.1.
Most of the time we created films with Quark Xpress v8 but, depending of the file, we created film with Illustrator.
Of course it’s very important to check the PostScript level but, never say never.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back