Accuset 1000 plus connect to PC

peka76

Hi,
I have Agfa accuset 1000 plus and is there solutions for connecting to PC with Windows Xp.

Thanks,

Yes! Use the same power plug :)
As you ask the question as you'll get the answer!!!

Accuset has to be connected to the RIP , does not matter what kind - software or hardware...

Thanks VladCanada for answer. :)

I have big problem and need solutions. My old MAC G3 is broken and i don`t have another.

I have Apogee Viper 3.0 CD for Windows, one PC with Windows XP, pci card from MAC for connection to Accuset.

What I need to do to work again with my Accuset.

Please help for steps. I'm desperate! :)

Don't know if this helps but we have a PC running XP, Accusett 100 with StarRIP400 (very old). We use PCMACLAN to connect PC to RIP.

Your choices are:

1. Find a another G3 or used PC with a Rip already installed on it.

2. Upgrade to a new Rip. The card and dongle will not work in a PC.

<<I have Apogee Viper 3.0 CD for Windows>>????????????????
AGFA PC/Windows RIP - it's another snake -TAIPAN.

We sell new Harlequin RIP software, but we can to put together a used Harlequin RIP that would allow you to output to the Agfa and run the RIP on Windows XP.
You can find out more about our new RIPs on the following page:

Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 8.1

If you contact us we can put together a used bundle that would allow you to run a slightly older version of the Harlequin on XP Pro 32 bit. Then you would be able to print from Mac 9 thorugh 10.6 as well as Windows 2000 through Windows 7 to the RIP.

Jokes apart

Jokes apart

So previously you have a MAC, i supose G3; witg the acuset 1000.
Suddenly your mac broke.
The software (RIP) was installed in thar mac.

Remember this is a old solution, but noways, it works extreemly well.

I think that the best bet is to by a old G3 directly from, say, eBAY.
As you can search, will find bery nice G3 Tower version from some $100 and up.

If you buy a used working one, will need a little of patience, to replace ald parts in new g3; remove the pci card and hard disk from your old computer to this, put in the new one.
Chances are that the HD and PCI are ok.

And you can find several old G3 so will be very easy to replace.
And extreemly cheap.

Any other help, please contact me at [email protected]
Miguel Sanchez, (Lima-PERU)

what are the "symptoms" on G3?
Have you changed the Lithium battery?
Does the power supply works?

I have Taipan 3.1 (PostScript level 3) and Apogee PDF ver. 1.0 and 2.0 AGFA RIPs For PC Windows solution. Your AGFA PAC (APIS) board from Mac will work fine at PC.
If you are interested - contact me via private message.

Hello
I have Agfa accuset 1000 whith Mac G3, Rip Viper 1.9, PC whith Windows XP and PC Mac Lan 9.0 , it works in good condition ( the PPD that works whith them is Accuset 1000.ppd)
I don't know if that is interesting someone
Thank
Solo Andrian
Madagascar

Thanks guys for answers,

I'm happy to find this forum. Only You may help me. Sorry for my poor knowledge about this stuff.

My conclusion:

1. on PC install AGFA PAC card
2. connect direct PC and Accuset 1000 with cable
3. Install PC MACLAN on Windows
4. Install Viper 3.04 RIP on Windows XP
5. Install driver for Accuset 1000
5. Run Adobe Photoshop

Am I in the right? Or...

Thanks

Not that familiar with the Viper software, but if you everything up and running, you would also need to download and install a PPD for use on the design computers. If you are setting up shared Appletalk printers which is what it sounds like you are trying to do, you would need to copy a PPD into the following folders on your Macs:
Macintosh OS 9: System \ Extensions \ Printer Descriptions folder
Macintosh OS X: Library \ Printers \ PPDs \ Contents \ Resources \ en.lproj folder (or appropriate language folder)

The very first steps - the one you have listed will probably be the hardest because you need to first get the RIP running and outputting to the Agfa.

4. Install Viper 3.04 RIP on Windows XP
NO! re-read carefully Vlad's posts: he already said to you that the Viper 3 RIP runs only on MAC!!!

... and have a careful look at your CD, because there is NO Viper running on Windows!!!

If you want to install an Agfa RIP on your PC, you have to use a Taipan RIP
(or an Apogee, but be sure to buy a Windows Apogee: again re-read Vlad's posts!)

IMHO, the best (and the cheapest!) you have to do now, is to buy another second-hand G3 (try to find a blue/white, to get advantage of the 100 Mb network) and re-install your Apis card and your Viper in it.

Viper 3 can also run on older (and cheaper) Mac like PowerMac 7500-7600-7300-8500-8600-9500-8600), but not so good than on a G3.

Last edited:
I have Taipan 3.1 (PostScript level 3) and Apogee PDF ver. 1.0 and 2.0 AGFA RIPs For PC Windows solution. Your AGFA PAC (APIS) board from Mac will work fine at PC.
If you are interested - contact me via private message.

I have accuset 1000 plus... the Powermac that had rip software and dongle is broken... Can I be able to get a another software that can work with Powermac G4? or even Windows... without dongle? the dongle we used is ADB connection to powermac...pls check me the easiest ways in which I can get a set of software that I can use the G4 or the windows.. I am in Kenya (Africa)

sammy

I know that with the older Harlequin RIP ADB dongles you could run the software on a G3 or G4 model with USB and use an iMate ADB to USB adapter as long as you were running the proper operating system.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back