Accuset 800 Plus Imagesetter Manual

Bob@AdamsLitho

We purchased a good used Accuset 800 Plus Imagesetter and it came with a User Guide for an Accuset 800 Imagesetter. I'm wondering of there are differences besides resolution.

My problem is not being able to save the cassette parameters after I make them and hit enter. Also, when I put it on line, I see it scroll through the 10 cassette settings but how do I choose the cassette settings I want to be active after it goes on line?

Also if you have a link or file of the Accuset 800 Plus Imagesetter, would you let me have it?

All described in User Manual:

Step 9: Store the cassette values.
• Check the values that you see on the message display.
• Move the cursor under the C at the top left corner of the
message display.
• Press ENTER.
• The message Storing Values appears on the message
display.
• The parameters for that Cassette Number are the current
settings for the system

VladCanada
I am following this procedure. I actually put my parameters in all 10 cassette positions, I then scroll thru all ten and see my parameters which seem to be stored, but when I put the Accuset 800 plus on line, It comes up with the 10 parameters the previous users parameters.
I am following Step 9: Store the cassette values.
• Check the values that you see on the message display.
• Move the cursor under the C at the top left corner of the
message display.
• Press ENTER.
• The message Storing Values appears on the message
display.• The parameters for that Cassette Number are the current
settings for the system, until I go on line.

Bob@AdamsLitho

... and you see "Storing Values" message after pressing ENTER ?????????????????

Last edited:
Storing Values

Storing Values

Yes, I see "Storing Values". I can then scroll and see my changes for every cass position except resolution, it goes back to 600. Then when I go "on line" I see the 10 cass settings quickly scroll the display and it stops on C1 but not with the settings it says are stored.

Does the supply cassette have a chip in it or something that stores this info? I'm stumped on this one.

Bob@AdamsLitho

Accuset Service Manual told me at procedures for main electronics board (EIC) replacement:

Log the following NVRAM values if possible: Values within the cassette
fields
, “Load Params” and “Set Params” values found under Align Mode
using PUP.
These values with the exception of the cassette field values will be shipped
with the system.

When I replaced the Control Panel I did not store/restore any parameter.

So, you have some problem in NVRAM (DALLAS chip) - especially at Cassette params memory allocation.

Sorry Vlad, you're missing the boat on this one.
Not your fault though, you're also missing some vital info.
Customer (at least I hope he soon becomes a customer) has a taipan rip.

Anytime the imager goes online, the taipan checks all the settings. That is why you see the different cassettes schroll by. Taipan also assumes it is right and the imager is wrong, and resets the accuset to what is in taipan's memory.

The ONLY time Taipan reads and remembers imager info is when it boots and initially queries the imager.

So, the procedure is:

EXIT Taipan
Make your changes on the imager as you have been.
Put the imager online
START Taipan.

Taipan will then read and store the current values and use them until it's next restart.

cute. and then I notice the date on this post...

Sorry all. This link was emailed to me today by a consulatant who has been working with this guy, I guess this is still a live issue.

Guy is only a 2 hour drive from me, don't know why he doesn't just bite the bullet and have me get everything set up and running

Holly s...!
That lack of info really screwed up my image of proffy! :(
I could fix that problem at their site in one minute, just were seeing Taipan or Viper attached to Accuset.
Thanks Jim! Good lesson for me: do not hesitate to ask couner-questions.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back