Acrobat 9.4 + Potstop + Vista = SLOOOOOW

rickself

What part of the picture am I missing. I am used to a Mac and things happening NOW.
I am now on a Vista machine with Acrobat 9.4 (came with CS4), trial version of PitStop and 4GB RAM. But Vista is locking up 90% of the time. IS there anything I can do to speed Vista up? Do I need a newer version of Acrobat? Does the trial version of Pitstop speed up when I purchase the license?
Thanks.

Change OS. Vista is probably the worst ever OS released (unfortunately) by Microsoft. Move to Win 7 or downgrade to XP Pro, but get away from Vista at all cost.

Change OS. Vista is probably the worst ever OS released (unfortunately) by Microsoft. Move to Win 7 or downgrade to XP Pro, but get away from Vista at all cost.
That was my thought also. Vista seems like a real dog, without insult to all dogs and their owners! I suppose this is why our HP Z3100 takes forever to start printing files. I guess I'm checking into Windoze 7. Thanks, ultimate

Dump Vista. But don't upgrade, wipe the drive and install Windows 7. No good will come.of upgrading Vista...

Dump Vista. But don't upgrade, wipe the drive and install Windows 7. No good will come.of upgrading Vista...
If we switc h up to Windoze 7, is that an upgrade or do I need to do a nuke and pave? I'm only a slight bit fearful of nuke and pave with Windoze machines.

Nuke and pave. You don't want any bits of Vista lingering. If you have the Vista disc and key you can buy the 7 Business 32 or 64 upgrade. The migration/upgrade/update process may work better than I expect but ibwould rather follow a scorched earth policy. I wiped my XP install instead of upgrading that. If there is an option to "archive and install" that would be good. Just don't upgrade in place.

Have fun getting old printers/drivers to work in Win 7 x64! Once you overcome that, it's smooth sailing. Just make sure your processor can handle it, otherwise turn off the eye candy in the GUI (fading dialog boxes/menus/ drop shadows,etc.).

There are a number of things to consider to improve performance but the first one is to turn OFF Windows Aero.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back