Acrobat 9 Print Issues

Greg D

I recently upgraded several macs to Acrobat 9 and have one mac that now prints very strangely out of Acrobat. All macs are set up identically.

Imagine a simple page with just black type. When printing from acrobat, the printout displays rules around the text boxes, where there should be no printing. Now imagine a simple page with a box filled with a screen of black. On top of the screen has been placed several boxes colored white. When printing from Acrobat, these white boxes disappear! Again, all our other macs print these same pages correctly.

I have done some of the obvious - uninstalled and reinstalled ver9. I have installed ver8 and tested with the same results. I removed all plugins, same result. I created a new user account, same results. I have imported the PDF to Indesign, Quark, Illy - same results...

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

I recently upgraded several macs to Acrobat 9 and have one mac that now prints very strangely out of Acrobat. All macs are set up identically.

Are you they are IDENTICAL? You've checked all preferences? All 3rd party plugins and their preferences? What about printer drivers? Are they all identical at he same versions?

Imagine a simple page with just black type. When printing from acrobat, the printout displays rules around the text boxes, where there should be no printing. Now imagine a simple page with a box filled with a screen of black. On top of the screen has been placed several boxes colored white. When printing from Acrobat, these white boxes disappear! Again, all our other macs print these same pages correctly.

To what type of printer? Postscript? PCL? Raster? Other?

What version of Mac OS X?

More information needed....

Leonard

Sounds like one is honouring overprint the other not, could be as Leonard says one is printing Postscript (the one that ignores the boxes, or actually honours the "overprinting" white wich is not exactly the same as ignoring, only looks the same)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back