Acrobat built in preflight problem

saint

I have encountered a problem when using the built-in Preflight from Acrobat Pro 9.4.5
I am using the built-in setting "Sheetfed Offset CMYK" from acrobat.
Everything works well except it is compressing the files.
It is only a problem if there is any "Raster text" in the file. It is adding noise around the type.
If you have a flat tiff file with a white background and black text, the preflight setting adds noise (fuzz) around the black lettering.
I have started stripping everything out of the Preset but still have not been able to get the noise to go away.
Ideally I would have Uncompressed files after the "preflight"

I know that type should be vector but you can not always get this from you clients.

Any suggestions outside of buying another program?

You should be able to make your own custom version of that preflight spec. You can turn off the various preflight functions you wish to skip.

You can customize (by duplicating) the preflight settings and change the image resample parameters to use ZIP or FLATE compression.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back