Acrobat Color Management settings

tbowat

I am having issues with acrobat 8 & 9 holding the color management preferences on the intel macs we have. I have placed the .csf file in user/library/application support/adobe/color/settings. The .icc profile is in user/library/color sync/profiles. We are using OS 10.5.8 & 10.6.4 both versions are behaving the same. I have used bridge to sync the Adobe suite (AI,Photoshop and Indesign) and that works fine.

I am having issues with acrobat 8 & 9 holding the color management preferences on the intel macs we have. I have placed the .csf file in user/library/application support/adobe/color/settings. The .icc profile is in user/library/color sync/profiles. We are using OS 10.5.8 & 10.6.4 both versions are behaving the same. I have used bridge to sync the Adobe suite (AI,Photoshop and Indesign) and that works fine.

If you use Bridge to sync the suite, then Acrobat will pick up that sync.

What seems to be the specific problem? How are you telling that it isn't working in Acrobat?

The simulation profile is not on the custom file profile that it should be in the output preview menu. When I check the preferences for color management it states that it is unsynchronized. I checked bridge and everything appears fine.

When Acrobat is installed as part of the suite I have not seen any problems with the syncing of color settings. However when installed separately, for example when Acrobat 9 was released in between Creative Suite releases, the sync done it bridge did not apply to Acrobat.

We would then need to manually set the color setting within Acrobat. The Color Settings may also be saved in a different folder due to the separate installation.

As for Acrobat not holding the settings once they have been set, I cannot speak. And since I work mostly in a PC environment, I have not experienced this problem with my Macs.

I found this;

Note: Adobe Bridge color settings do not affect Adobe Acrobat®
7.0 Professional. You must set Acrobat color management settings
separately.

Does anyone know if this holds true with acrobat 8 or 9 Pro?

I found this;

Note: Adobe Bridge color settings do not affect Adobe Acrobat®
7.0 Professional. You must set Acrobat color management settings
separately.

Does anyone know if this holds true with acrobat 8 or 9 Pro?

I already answered this above.

Acrobat 8 and later support synchronization with the suite - REGARDLESS of whether they were installed with the Suite or not. If you sync in Bridge, Acrobat will pick it up. Or you can go into Acrobat's preferences and sync there as well.

Personally I don't believe in a synced workflow.
I believe that safe CMYK should be induced in InD and Ai. I also believe that sRGB should be the default RGB for all apps since this is the only one that is justified being untagged. In Ps though one would want to have AdobeRGB or ECI RGB as working RGB (IMHO).

Also syncing will not solve all your colour problems, the settings are still very importat. WHAT you sync is more important than THAT you sync.
A synced workflow is fine for a one output device one paper workflow.

Note that in a synced flow a PDFx will default to read the Output Intent.

I am trying to go into acrobat preferences to see if the custom profiles are holding there and they are not. What am I doing wrong. I am trying to set up a group of macs to all have the same settings. I would also like them to also open with the same simulation profile and that's not working either. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• keeps changing to this.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 254
  • What it should be.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 280
  • RGB Profile.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 231
  • CMYK Profile.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 256
Could I ask also is the mac not holding prefs one where you are administrator? Do you have multiple accounts on it? Is it a "clean install" or a transfer from other mac? Have you checked privilages in the mac?
Also do you ONLY have this one version of Acrobat? (no reader, no betas etc)
(My thoughts are maybe it is the OS that is resetting the preferences)

I am not the administrator. There are multiple accounts on the mac. It is a clean install. What privileges should I be looking for? There are 2 versions on this mac, Acrobat 8 & 9 Professional.
I have tried to put the .icc and the .csf files in the user/library... and also directly into library... Neither locations are holding onto these preferences.

Figured it out. The .csf must have been corrupt. Remade the .csf file and everything works fine. Thanks everyone for the help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back