Acrobat DC update today...

Joe

I see they gave us a preference today to not show the Home screen when closing all documents. It works if you close a document via COMMAND+W or using the File menu ==> Close but if you just click the little "X" on the tab the Home screen is still there. A vast improvement anyway. YAY Adobe!

Still no ability to select multiple objects with SHIFT+CLICK if Output Preview is open. BOO Adobe!

Attachments

• photo5058.jpg
    photo5058.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 206
Now I'm officially one step closer to no longer ignoring the "Update to Acrobat DC" button in the Creative Cloud app.

This issue was certainly the biggest obstacle I had to upgrading the work Macs to DC.

I remember the background around an open PDF used to be bright white. Looks like they have subdued it with a soft gray now. Another YAY Adobe.

GLORY Hallelujah! I went to updates and forced the update! That lil eyesore is GONE!!!
Do you think Adobe listened to us?
For once!

From what I've seen in different forums about 99.9999999999999999999% of the people hated the home screen so maybe. Just don't get used to it. :D

As I'm just getting started with DC, one of the first things I did was disable the feature mentioned above. Should the home screen appear when DC first opens (double-clicking the app and not a PDF)?

As I'm just getting started with DC, one of the first things I did was disable the feature mentioned above. Should the home screen appear when DC first opens (double-clicking the app and not a PDF)?

The question is should it, or do the all-knowing software engineers at Adobe think it should?
I don't think it should, but it does because Adobe knows best :)
I have no use for that silly screen at all.
All the other programs in the suite start with a welcome screen, and all of them have a checkbox to never display them again - why isn't that uniform for Acrobat as well?

^^^ Because secretaries, the true people Adobe is programming for, like to see pretty pictures and notes when they open up files. Had Adobe bothered to ask the professionals that have bought their products for a quarter of a century, we would have resoundingly said, "HELL NO"!

Yeah I wish that preference allowed you to disable that home screen to never be seen again. I suppose that is asking too much though. I can't for the life of me think why Adobe thinks it is so important to have a whole screen filled with recently opened files. I mean it does still have the "Recent Files" under the File menu which has been perfectly fine for years. It's just clutter. Adobe seems to thrive on clutter these days.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back