Acrobat PreFlight Profile

arossetti

Prepress is not my strongest suit but I have a question and I'm hoping someone can help me with. I need to create a simple droplet that will analyze the file for spot colors and if a spot color is present append the file name with _SPOT. Is that possible? I see the spot color check, and the fixup to add an suffix to a file but unsure how to string the two together so that the fixup is triggered by a condition of the spot color check. Any help?

And yes I'm sure this would be easy to do in PitStop but that currently isn't an option.

open acrobat(pro dc 2019) … "edit-preflight" … “select-profiles(icon)” … “options” … “create profile” … rename “new profile 1” as “append(test)” … click “save”.

custom-profile sub-categories (doc, pgs, img, cols, etc.) click “custom-checks” … click “create new check(icon)” … highlight “new check” … rename “new check” as “check for spot” … in group-category choose “colors” … in property-category choose “is spot color” … click “add” … configure field below with “is true” value … click “save”.

custom-profile sub-categories (doc, pgs, img, cols, etc.) click “custom-fixups” … click “create new fixup(icon)” … highlight “new fixup” … rename “new fixup” as “append filename” … in group-category choose “document” … in property-category choose “append string to file name after processing pdf” … configure field below by typing “_SPOT” value. … click “save”.

looking back … you have created your own profile from scratch … the profile checks if spot-color exists … performing the action of “appending filename”. this profile resides as “append(test)” within “custom profiles” under “select-profile(icon)”.

now create droplet … this is done in the same “options” menu as where you created your profile from scratch.

tips:
• if you do not see “append…” field when adding to fixups … means you are in “checks” instead of “fixups”. yes … “documents” variables change … depending on the subcategory being called on.
• the screen-caps are only meant as example … may not reflect exactly what i have stated in my tutorial here.
• create a pdf file which contains only one element (spot-color) for testing purposes … branch out from there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.50.54 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	302.9 KB ID:	279898Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.34 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	279899Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.53.09 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	373.0 KB ID:	279900Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.53.38 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	279901Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.54.21 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	956.8 KB ID:	279902

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back