Adobe CS5

I just pre-ordered Design Premium (upgrade from CS3 Design Standard).

I spoke with Adobe; no deals regarding buying CS4 then getting a free, or very cheap, CS5 upgrade. They are probably not doing it since CS5 will ship in a few weeks.

About to watch the Launch now.

Maybe they've stopped the "Post Announce Upgrades" this year then.

Along with the PSP Program. *sigh*

edit: doesn't mention anything. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15304.html

Last edited:
I just looked on Adobe's website and it looks like the upgrade to Design Premium is going to be $599. That's a $60,000 investment for us to move as a company. Then people wonder why we are always behind when it comes to upgrades. It's insane having to shell out $60,000 every 18 months for software upgrades or even try to justify it. These latest version's of Creative Suite have done very little to improve production in the Print Industry as far as I'm concerned.
I think if you have 100 computers you can probably afford to upgrade a few if not all of them to CS5. And if you are paying that much for your upgrades I would recommend you call Adobe for Volume Licensing discounts.

Just had a chat with Adobe, no 90 day free upgrade window, but if you buy CS4 after April 12 you get the free upgrade to CS5.

fiddlesticks... we received CS4 on Feb 10, 2010.

Jigsaw24 a UK based Reseller have this on there website.

jigsaw24 said:
Upgrade to Adobe CS5 for free

Buy Adobe CS4 between April 12th and July 11th and you can upgrade to the CS5 equivalent for free!
Call Adobe 0207 365 0733 before July 26th to claim, and you can upgrade without spending another penny.

I think if you have 100 computers you can probably afford to upgrade a few if not all of them to CS5. And if you are paying that much for your upgrades I would recommend you call Adobe for Volume Licensing discounts.

We do get volume discounting when we do our upgrading but it is not all that great. I was just throwing out the listed price as an example because even at volume discounting I think it is highway robbery what has to be paid for software when you move from version to version. More often than not the enhancements from version to version don't always justify the cost.

We receive almost 50% of our work form customers which means having to be on the latest software versions. We can usually get by with waiting for a few months for some of the bugs to be worked out but eventually we are pretty much forced to move to the newest versions.

Installing trial now. Hoping to see features improvements for prepress.

Download trial now, very curious to see if they have made any big improvements to indesign. Should be about an hour and a half to download on my home computer and about 6 hours on my works internet.... gotta love screen sharing!

When this is downloaded, I am assuming I will be able to activate this when I purchase CS5 design premium? It says its the Master collection downloading, will I have to re download the proper version of CS5 when I buy?

I pre-ordered the day CS5 launched. It is supposed to ship today, at least that what I was told when I ordered it. I received an email today, from Adobe, stating that I will receive a shipping confirmation within a few days.

So, I don't think they are right on schedule, but it doesn't sound like they are too far off.

I pre-ordered the day CS5 launched. It is supposed to ship today, at least that what I was told when I ordered it. I received an email today, from Adobe, stating that I will receive a shipping confirmation within a few days.

So, I don't think they are right on schedule, but it doesn't sound like they are too far off.

I just buy it and download it. Never felt the need to get the boxed version and wait when I can download it and have it within an hour of purchasing.

I just buy it and download it. Never felt the need to get the boxed version and wait when I can download it and have it within an hour of purchasing.

You are braver than I am. When I shell out that much loot, I always feel the need to have something tangible. Personal issue of mine!

So, I'll wait while you dive right into Smart Content Fill, and Flash Catalyst, and...

Enjoy!!

You are braver than I am. When I shell out that much loot, I always feel the need to have something tangible. Personal issue of mine!

So, I'll wait while you dive right into Smart Content Fill, and Flash Catalyst, and...

Enjoy!!

I am somewhat the same, I always burn the .dmg file to a dvd and stuff it away for safe keeping. What I like though about online is I can re-download if I needed. This helped me out last year when I was doing a clean install of everything on my Macbook. I forgot to bring the Adobe disc home and needed the computer to be up and running for Monday. Rather then ride out to work, I logged into Adobe.com downloaded the installer and had access to my license info. It was very convenient.

Anyone know if buying it now will give me the option to download? I have the demo, not sure why they wouldn't release the full download version for those who paid for it yet.

Last edited:
I order the disks as well because Adobe wanted to charge us for the download link, So I said what was the point when I can have them send me a disk for the same amount.

p

I order the disks as well because Adobe wanted to charge us for the download link, So I said what was the point when I can have them send me a disk for the same amount.

p

When did they say they wanted to charge you for the download link? I dont remember there being an extra cost for a download link. If there had been, I am pretty sure I would have just gone with the discs then.

When did they say they wanted to charge you for the download link? I dont remember there being an extra cost for a download link. If there had been, I am pretty sure I would have just gone with the discs then.

I ordered over the phone, the customer service person with the volume license group quoted me a $25 charge for either media or to download. It didn't make sense for me to download when they could send it to me.

p

I ordered over the phone, the customer service person with the volume license group quoted me a $25 charge for either media or to download. It didn't make sense for me to download when they could send it to me.

p

I wonder if that is something to do with the volume purchasing, or maybe I just completely forgot about it. Thinking about it though, I would rather have it immediately then wait a few days for the disc to arrive. Dont need another box taking up space with all our software, its nice to just have 1 disc tucked away and always have it available online something unfortunate were to happen and I needed it again.

I just purchased CS5, download as we speak. No extra cost for a downloaded copy. After purchasing, I got my serial numbers, and there are 2. Whats the second one for? Or is that for those who install it on a desktop and there laptop?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back