Adobe CS5

check your invoice, two serial numbers is for 2 purchases.
You get one serial number and you can load onto two boxes, per the EULA.

Definitely only ordered 1 copy, and double checked the invoice to be sure. When I install it on a second computer I will see what happens then, maybe its something new they are instituting with CS5.

Definitely only ordered 1 copy, and double checked the invoice to be sure. When I install it on a second computer I will see what happens then, maybe its something new they are instituting with CS5.

One is likely for the platform you ordered while the other is for the platform you didn't order. Of course, you only get a link to download the software for the platform ordered...at least that's been my experience in the past when ordering volume licensing...

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Anyone know if buying it now will give me the option to download? I have the demo, not sure why they wouldn't release the full download version for those who paid for it yet.

AFAIK, the trial installer and the full version installer are exactly the same thing. One simply enters their valid SN to unlock the trial version. There should be no need to download twice. When you pay for a SN, you also get a second small installer to download that contains the extra files not contained in the trial version.

Stephen Marsh

Seems like FontAgent does not auto activate for CS5 yet, at least on my machine. Hopefully they will get an update out soon to fix this. Other then that I have not had any issues so far with Indesign CS5, have not really had to touch photoshop or illustrator yet.

You guys are lucky, our dept is just starting the talks about upgrading to CS4... a version which I rather skipped and go straight to CS5. Why do people in charge get to make decisions that makes little sense?

Last edited:
In Indesign in CS5 fonts in a folder called "Document fonts" will automatically be available for that document. Works cross-platform for OpenType. On an older job just renaming "Fonts" to "Document Fonts" will activate packaed fonts. This is great for us as prepress people. Since this machine is a G5 I have not had oppertunity to test it in production yet.

In Indesign in CS5 fonts in a folder called "Document fonts" will automatically be available for that document. Works cross-platform for OpenType. On an older job just renaming "Fonts" to "Document Fonts" will activate packaed fonts. This is great for us as prepress people. Since this machine is a G5 I have not had oppertunity to test it in production yet.

Are you saying that if I receive a packaged file from a customer that was done in CS5 that all I need to do is open the file and the CS5 program the file was done in will automatically open the fonts. There is no need to drag the fonts into Library\Fonts or any other font location on the system itself.

That does seem like a step forward. But bear in mind that this will not help with the document needed fonts that did not package due to restrictions by the font foundry.

Al

That is a great feature! But I will wait and see how it works with some real jobs coming from our customers when they switch to CS5. My own tests worked great, and this would be a real time saver.

Anyone else notice Indesign CS5 runs really chopping when in over print preview? It works fine in CS4, but CS5 is very choppy in that regard, hopefully an update will smooth that out.

Last edited:
That is a great feature! But I will wait and see how it works with some real jobs coming from our customers when they switch to CS5. My own tests worked great, and this would be a real time saver.

Anyone else notice Indesign CS5 runs really chopping when in over print preview? It works fine in CS4, but CS5 is very choppy in that regard, hopefully an update will smooth that out.

Wonderings,

When CS5 activates the fonts are they only available for the job you are working on or are they now available until you Quit out of InDesign. If they are available until InDesign is closed completely this could cause problems with people using fonts on documents they are not licensed for.

Wonderings,

When CS5 activates the fonts are they only available for the job you are working on or are they now available until you Quit out of InDesign. If they are available until InDesign is closed completely this could cause problems with people using fonts on documents they are not licensed for.

I just did a test. I have our own business card file open, its a new one I am working on. I used the font ITC Avant Garde. I packaged the file. Closed out, deactivated font from Font Agent Pro 4 (On a mac running OS 10.6.3.) Reopened file, font was there, but not activated in font agent. Made a new document while the business card file was open. The font ITC Avant Garde was not there, so it only works in the document you are working on.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back