adobe pdf print engine rip, (APPE) and opentype fonts

k_graham

We can drop PDF files to the RIP, but as Open Type Fonts and Truetype fonts are not downloadable to Rip the job won't print if missing a Font. It appears only Adobe PS fonts are downloadable according to the manual. Its enogh to make me wish Harlequin made RIPs for copiers as it seems like a Adobe plan.

It kind of negates the convenience of hot folders when the file then needs to be opened up and fonts saved within PDF or sent from Acrobat which looses the transparency in pdf capability.

Or am I missing something, I am using a Xerox FreeFlow RIP on a 700i which seems a great step forward from our EXP250 Fiery on Xerox 240 due to built in Imposition, the embedded Callas software to warn of missing font is okay but being able to load common fonts for things like Word to pdf documents would be nicer.

Thanks
Ken

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back