AE 14 Question

tommrz

I am very new to Pilot and have only had it for a few months. During install, we created a folder named "2014" under the main container with the idea that we would organize jobs by year. So, I made a new folder named "2015" in the same container but it seems by default Piolt goes directly back into the 2014 folder when i go into Job Overview mode. How can I switch this to look into the new folder by default?

In jobs overview you should be seeing ALL jobs created in ALL containers. When you copy a job from 2014 to 2015 you will have to remove the job from 2014 also. The jobs become kind of a pain when using years to separate jobs but that is the way we do it also. The alternative would be to have every job ever in one container which is not really a reasonable solution for the number of jobs we have.

By default all Active jobs are shown in the job overview modus, showing jobs from 2014 & 2015. But you can use filter methods to show only jobs located in the 2015 folder from your main container. Use the filter tool "JOB URL" Contains "2015" and save this filter for future use.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back