AGFA Accuset 1500 compatible with Windows?

magar

The newspaper I work for is planning to upgrade from our current operating system (Mac OS 9.1) to possibly windows os. We currently use Agfa Accuset 1500 and 1000 to RIP film. My question relates to whether the current imagesetters will be compatible if we upgrade to Windows? If so, how new of a version of windows os would we be looking at? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi,

You will be able to run your accuset with a Windows system, however you will not be able to use your existing RIP.

We offer a Xitron RIP for the Accuset. This would be installed on a Windows 7 computer.

Let me know if you are interested in finding out more about this RIP. Email: [email protected]

You can use VIPER RIP with Windows... but the question point is: Are you able to create "full-fledged" AppleTalk protocol environment in the conjuction Mac based RIP <--> FronEnd PC. Not sure it's possible with Workstation Win versions, but OK for Windows Server ones.
Otherwise you need some SW like MacLan or Timbuktu to create Mac environment in Windows OS.

Last edited:
You can use VIPER RIP with Windows... but the question point is: Are you able to create "full-fledged" AppleTalk protocol environment in the conjuction Mac based RIP <--> FronEnd PC. Not sure it's possible with Workstation Win versions, but OK for Windows Server ones.
Otherwise you need some SW like MacLan or Timbuktu to create Mac environment in Windows OS.

Vlad,

I doubt if accuset works with Apogee Rip. Isn't it?

Farshad,
It works fine. SW RIPs Viper and Taipan have the same user-friendly interface and use the same PAC/UPAC pcb in the latest versions. Apogee RIP uses the same software core as Taipan version 3.1... the first PDF RIP.

Hi,

The chances are it could be possible with external tools for the networking, But the system is very old, and will still be limited to postscript. You might want to take a look at StudioRIP, we have low cost yet yet powerful RIP, also available to drive the Accuset is the Ethersetter interface, which simply plugs into the Accuset and network (so can be some distance away from the RIP) and driven by StudioRIP

The same RIP without any extra cost, is able to drive multiple Epson devices to make inkjet film output.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, and I can try and answer your questions. Or if your interested you can download it from our website StudioRIP and take a look for your self.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back