Agfa Apogee - Device link problem

Magnus

Hi all you Agfa-people!

I tried to set up an Device link profile in our apogee workflow today but got a strange result.

The Device link is created "by the book" with Binuscan software (Fogra39 to Press-profile). Protecting prime colors, CY MY CM, solid colors and k.

After the conversion all CMYK images/objects was converted correct, but the grayscale objects were messed up. The 80%k was 97,5%! And the whole gradiation in K was very bumpy. :confused:

If someone has an idea what went wrong dont hesitate to post an answer!

Last edited:
There are several places you can have colour management happen in Apogee. Also be careful to use the correct rendering intent.
If you check the Agfa Apogee user group forums you will see there are discussions about how to configure colour. Lars Jacobsen in Norway has tested quite a bit.

What version of Apogee are you useing? Do you have a ColorTune licence?
I had some issues with device links in Apogee 4.5. I have not been able to get 100% on top of colour Management since Apogee 6.0 because of a bugg in how ID strips are generated for DTP-41 spectrophotometer.

When we were using ApogeeX you could only use Colortune for profiles/DeviceLinks .
May have changed as it was a long time ago.

Problem solved..

I tried a different setting when I created the Device link profile. Then I also had to click the checkbox "preserve black" in Apogee. And now it seems to work!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back