Agfa Azura on Presstek Dimension 800

When you say "Block 13 is more bright than other blocks on the plate" it's a little confusing.

Let's talk in terms of light or dark blocks on the plate. If block 13 on your "Plate" is darker than the other blocks then it would also print darker on the sheet. Likewise, if block 13 on your plate is lighter than the other blocks then it would also print lighter on the sheet of paper.

What I have found to be confusing is what to do to the block percentage adjustments to make them even across the plate or the printed sheet.

According to the Agfa Technical Bulletin, they tell you to adjust the block percentages in the same way that you would for Anthem or any other Presstek plates (which are positive plates).

I have found that to be incorrect.

To make a block darker on the plate or printed sheet I use a minus adjustment (as in -5%) and to make a block lighter on the plate or printed sheet I use a + adjustment (as in +5%).

I only know that this has worked for me - you can always try it, if it works great, if not you can change it back. I would try a huge adjustment like 15% either way just to see what it does for you.

I'd like to hear the outcome of this - please let me know !

Good Luck,

JK

How to set Presstek 400 for Azura?

How to set Presstek 400 for Azura?

Hi Guys,

Is there a set up manual (step by step instructions) for converting Dimension 400 for Azura plates?
We are using AnthemPro right now and paying for $535.00 box of 50 plates (6up full bleed plates). I heard that Azura might be cheaper moreover I would have an alternative to Presstek, plus Azura will be better acting plates for the press.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Demir

There is no manual that I know of. Agfa did put out a technical bulletin on the procedure.

On the cost of the plates issue you have to factor in the cost of the gum that is required to develop the plate. Even without the gum cost the Azura is more expensive here in Northern California, but they due run better on the press.

Presstek has another plate called the Aurora. It's rated for short runs (25000 or less) but it does run better on press than the Anthem in my opinion and it is cheaper than the Anthem and the Azura from Agfa.

Aurora Plates

Aurora Plates

Does Aurora require new set up as well? In terms of lowering the power settings of the lasers.
How about any chemical for Aurora?
Yes, your right about the gum cost, because I am not use to it I totally forgot about that factor.

Thanks for your input!

Demir

Agfa Azura on Presstek Dimension 800

Hi Jim,

This problem is because of "bad" or "different" focus at one laser (at this case 13).
You can try to make a focus test to dimension and see if you can adjust the focus better for the agfa plate. If the difference at one laser is too big you can do ... nothing.
The lighter color at Azura plate is better focus. You must print these test plates and also try to make big adjustments to this laser maybe 200-300 units

George

My guess would be that you will have to make a plate profile at the rip for the Aurora, because it does require lower power settings.

No chemicals required for the Aurora.

Agfa AzuraTS still runs the best on press ! But I think the Presstek plates print the sharpest.

JK

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back