Agfa Selectset 5000 PAC Error

tekcontrol

I have the error: " the agfa pac driver could not locate the pac hardware". It means RIP Problems or could be the Selectset?

The computer is Running windows NT, and Apogee PDF Rip. I reseat the APIS card but the error is the same.

Taipan RIP (any version) works with WinNT.
Apogee PDF RIPs --> with Win 2000 and/or XP.

And PAC board has 2 fuses onboard, in case of one blown.......

Finally the board was broke, I bent it and it's working, who knows how long... But I saw just one Fuse, where is the other one?

Finally the board was broke, I bent it and it's working, who knows how long... But I saw just one Fuse, where is the other one?

There is only one fuse as far as I remember. The board is highly static sensitive. As I understand if the board was broken, you can solder the lines or add wires.

Yes I do. Are you sure your PAC Board is defective? Have you tried different slots in your computer?. Is your RIP on Windows NT or Windows2000?

I will give you a quote if you send me an email to:

[email protected]

The system is running Windows NT. I move the board to different slots and the problem is the same. But I bent the board and then it works, but I'm not sure how log (See the picture it's a very high tech solution jaja).

Attachments

• PAC Board.jpg
    PAC Board.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 153
The system is running Windows NT. I move the board to different slots and the problem is the same. But I bent the board and then it works, but I'm not sure how log (See the picture it's a very high tech solution jaja).

WOW... Congratulation! You just made the proper contact.Great Tech Job! Do you still need to purchase a PAC board? I think this is the time to consider to have one as backup! Check your PM for a quote.

All the best!

WOW... Congratulation! You just made the proper contact.Great Tech Job! Do you still need to purchase a PAC board? I think this is the time to consider to have one as backup! Check your PM for a quote.

All the best!

definitively sooner or later the problem will be back, so we need a board as you say as a backup, how much is it?

definitively sooner or later the problem will be back, so we need a board as you say as a backup, how much is it?

Please read your PM(Private Message) can't quote you here. It comes with 3 months warranty!

Good luck!

Last edited:

NOW. It is time to remove that white Roll. Let see if your Apis Pac board works without that. I am afraid something is going to happen which will cost you much more than a cost of a PCB or a Computer..

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back