Angle Screen in Metadimension

sistecopy

Hi.. I need to change the screen angle in Metadimension RIP.??

In the Plate Template screening section... I select use screen angles from job..but when i check the job details after send the job...this have this angles C 165, M 45, Y 0, K 105.

If I use angle screening handle..Only i cant change order of angles..but its the same angle.

I leave this links..is a screen caption of meta angles.

http://archivos.sistecopy.com/Metadimension_Jobdetails.jpg
http://archivos.sistecopy.com/Metadimension_Platetemplate.jpg

I want to use the ordinary angles screening..any can help me....

thanks...

Screen angles

Screen angles

Select "override screen angles from job "as it is using the angle set from the application or PDF settings.

I always turn override angles on as you are depending on your customer to have these set correctly in all apps or distiller to create the pdf. This is not going to happen.

Good Luck!

Why do you want to change the angles of your process colors? Leave them like they are! I too thought that we should be using the standard 0 45 90 105 when we installed Meta ver 3, but was very wrong.

The standard angles in Meta, running IS Classic at 175 / 200 lpi / 2540 dpi are going to give you fantastic results on press. Spot color angles are a different story..... but I'm telling you from years of experience to leave those angles alone.

The standard angles in Meta, running IS Classic at 175 / 200 lpi / 2540 dpi are going to give you fantastic results on press.

Not necessarily.

Strongly recommend reading (acquire the actual printed version if you want to take this seriously) the Heidelberg Introduction to Screening Technology. In the printed version you can visually see the difference between the different screening models with the same image. IS CMYK+7.5 or IS Y Fine can really give you some flexibility on certain colors.

I do agree with the recommendation not to use document controlled and not to deviate from IS Classic unless you really need to.

EDIT:
I just realized I didn't even attempt to answer your question! Are you using Printready L to feed MetaDimension? If so you need to alter or create a new imposition output sequence to match those settings. It has been a while since I had to go through this one but i'm pretty sure that Printready actually has the final say and overrides MetaDimension. If you are outputting from SignaStation directly into a Meta hotfolder or just dropping a PDF into a Meta hotfolder the meta settings you have should work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vee
The standard angles in Meta, running IS Classic at 175 / 200 lpi / 2540 dpi are going to give you fantastic results on press.

Not necessarily.

Strongly recommend reading (acquire the actual printed version if you want to take this seriously) the Heidelberg Introduction to Screening Technology. In the printed version you can visually see the difference between the different screening models with the same image. IS CMYK+7.5 or IS Y Fine can really give you some flexibility on certain colors.

I do agree with the recommendation not to use document controlled and not to deviate from IS Classic unless you really need to.

I've read it. And I didn't say that IS Classic was the only way to go, just that they have implemented those particular angles & frequencies with that screening, and the results are fantastic. You cannot argue that fact. Agreed there are other good options - but don't go fooling with a tried & true configuration.

Besides, the question wasn't are there other options, it was about changing the angles.

Regards,
Vee

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back