Another newspaper folds

2023-07-22 Comics.jpg

The Buffalo News is now printed in Cleveland, 3 hrs away!
How are they going to report on Bills vs. Browns football?
Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway owned from 1977-2020, then sold to Lee Ent. for $140M.
Building and property is in center of downtown and worth more than the business.

The Buffalo News is now printed in Cleveland, 3 hrs away!
How are they going to report on Bills vs. Browns football?
Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway owned from 1977-2020, then sold to Lee Ent. for $140M.
Building and property is in center of downtown and worth more than the business.
I’m sure the 200-mile thruway journey that runs alongside Lake Erie is going to make delivery in the winter a “you’ll get your paper when we get it to you” publication. Sad for The Buffalo News.

Sad, but not surprising. The Great Falls Tribune and the Missoulian (both in Montana) are printed in Helena Montana.
What is really interesting is that while the Independence Record (Helena) and the Missoulian are both publications of Lee Enterprises, The Great Falls Tribune is owned by Gannett.

Sad, but not surprising. The Great Falls Tribune and the Missoulian (both in Montana) are printed in Helena Montana.
What is really interesting is that while the Independence Record (Helena) and the Missoulian are both publications of Lee Enterprises, The Great Falls Tribune is owned by Gannett.
Will chime in here. Orlando Florida, the Orlando Sentinel, one of the properties of the Chicago Tribune, closed its downtown publishing plant years ago. The paper is published in Lakeland, Fl about an hour and a half away, also by Gannett (publisher of USA Today)

I really love my quiet time with the paper and a cup of coffee in the mornings. Even if it is old news that happened a day or two earlier. I understand that news is consumed in an entirely different way today as a result of an internet and communications capable of delivering what happened 10 minutes ago, or, even as it's happening. I'm not sure Gen Z, or, even our grandchildren will know what a "Newspaper" was or why anyone would want one.

Dang-it. Now I'm depressed. Guess I'm just gonna go sit in the back yard and draw in the dirt. Nobody loves me.........

ps: Buffalo News is over 150 years old.
Buffalo's 2nd daily newspaper "Courier-Express" closed in 1982.
Mark Twain was an editor from 1869-1871.

I really love my quiet time with the paper and a cup of coffee in the mornings. Even if it is old news that happened a day or two earlier. I understand that news is consumed in an entirely different way today as a result of an internet and communications capable of delivering what happened 10 minutes ago, or, even as it's happening. I'm not sure Gen Z, or, even our grandchildren will know what a "Newspaper" was or why anyone would want one.

Dang-it. Now I'm depressed. Guess I'm just gonna go sit in the back yard and draw in the dirt. Nobody loves me.........
I just browse my following feed on Twitter while drinking my morning coffee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back