Another PPI Question-Varnish in CIP3 file

zoran

Hi,

We have full Printready setup version 4 with Meta's and PPI.
It's all set to automatically generate CIP3 and drops into hotfolder for further processing.
This works fine, however pressman being pressman came up with idea today that they don't want to preload ink preset for varnish, only for real colors.

I can do this manually by sending plates independent from ink presets, than send only certain separations through CIP3 but it's manual intervention.

Does anyone know if there is way to "block" Transparent separations from processing in similar fashion like we "block" Transparent separations from appearing on Colorbars?

One pressman is ok with it, the other complains.
One that complains is usually making mistake when loading job, he is just not that computer savvy and everything bothers him.
I just thought there is an easy way to disable to make him happy, but if it's manually only, there is no way we'll do it.

certainly he can just adjust the values on the press to his liking. with out the cip data that is what he is doing anyway. and the cip data should be close. unless they are wanting to store a solid varnish pattern on one card and merge it with the cmyk everytime
maybe the varnish does not have a curve setup and applied on press because its not cmyk. they can apply a different curve to the unit they run the varnish on. varnish may run different than the ink, but the relative values of the cip data should be correct.

Hi zoran,

As of now, there is no way to automate that. You might try creating a 2nd output sequence - one for plates, but no CIP; and a second for no plates, only CIP. You will still have to manually deselect the varnish for the CIP output though. It might be easier to train the press operator to not assign the varnish CIP data to the printing unit?!?

Jeff

Thanks for reply.
I told press manager that they will have to live with that.
I am not introducing manual intervention.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back