Any Ricoh 9210's Out There??

Absolutely love it! Very consistent color outputs even months later. Very low maintenance, as long as your comfortable replacing parts (TCRU). Really I have no complaint yet and we have had it about a year. Is there something specific you are curious about?

@ColorMonkey How has your service experience been in the last 6 months?

I don't see my tech much due to the TCRU program but when I do it is taking longer for them to get on site.

I don't run the machine as I'm exclusively Prepress with a bit of IT these days, but from what I see it's a solid production machine, seems to have much less downtime than the Indigo.
I know we had some issues early on with skewing of long sheets and printing slightly undersize which created issues when jobs had embellishment at an external provider, but those issues have been resolved.
We have run everything from C5 envelopes through to 850mm long sheets, NCR heavy boards and it seems to take everything in its stride.

@ColorMonkey How has your service experience been in the last 6 months?

I don't see my tech much due to the TCRU program but when I do it is taking longer for them to get on site.
Actually I haven't had a tech out here for about 8 months. My tech is also a good friend and its seems it's business as usual in his territory. We are in Oregon so not sure if that makes a difference or not. I agree though the TCRU program is such a time saver, not having to depend on a tech's schedule.

Actually I haven't had a tech out here for about 8 months. My tech is also a good friend and its seems it's business as usual in his territory. We are in Oregon so not sure if that makes a difference or not. I agree though the TCRU program is such a time saver, not having to depend on a tech's schedule.
what range of work do you put through yours? Do you have more than one unit?

We only have one 9200 and the amount of work an avg has been maybe 4-5hrs a day on that particular machine. Due to Covid our work load has suffered. However, assuming you are comfortable to work on machine it really is a stable and needs very little attention, meaning maintenance. I will say I am also very impressed by color stability and how forgiving it is on whatever substrate you send through be it synthetic, linen, 16Pt, etc. It's a great machine AND there is a ton of room when you have to clear jams! Say goodbye to those bloody knuckles bois!

We only have one 9200 and the amount of work an avg has been maybe 4-5hrs a day on that particular machine. Due to Covid our work load has suffered. However, assuming you are comfortable to work on machine it really is a stable and needs very little attention, meaning maintenance. I will say I am also very impressed by color stability and how forgiving it is on whatever substrate you send through be it synthetic, linen, 16Pt, etc. It's a great machine AND there is a ton of room when you have to clear jams! Say goodbye to those bloody knuckles bois!
Do you have the on board color spectro closed loop beside the Fiery color calibration?

I do not use the ACD feature. I basically use FCPS to build paper profiles and then when needed, calibrate. I hope I understood what you were asking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back