Any UV pressmen out there? Help!

Hang with the big boys or go back to conventional printing, it takes a skilled pressman to run uv , . its not easy and thats what you just need to tell your self and run the press, do not let it run you. Need some help?
Thank You UVACE

Hang with the big boys or go back to conventional printing, it takes a skilled pressman to run uv , . its not easy and thats what you just need to tell your self and run the press, do not let it run you. Need some help?
Thank You UVACE

UVACE

What particular skill does it need?

I am in a plant that prints with the UV Dry Offset process. Just about all of the operators are women and the setups number about 120 a day in total on 6 and 8 colour presses. Yes there is skill involved but in some ways, UV makes some things easier.

Thanks for any comments.

Thank You UVACE

I never claimed to be a print god,but we are having problems on all 3 shifts. Easy is boring,and makes for a long shift IMO. Help? Sure,that's why I started this thread. Just trying to figure out what issues are "normal" and which are not. Seems like some issues are just common to UV printing,and thats all I needed to know,seeing as how I'm fairly new to this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back