Anyone upgrade to Prinergy 5.2? Any issues?

We upgraded and also had to upgrade the Prinergy Primary to Windows 2008 Server because Prinergy 5.2 has to have it. Plus, to do an OS upgrade on the Prinergy Primary, it has to be done by Kodak so at the same time they upgraded the OS they also upgraded Prinergy to 5.2.

We've had some issues with misconfiguration of our server even after the tech was out twice causing problems with RBA, Archiving, the license service, and the nightly Prinergy configuration backup. I think, knock on wood, that Kodak support has gotten them straightened out now.

I'm not a big fan of the new Workshop interface. While it is prettier, on a Mac if you try to click the little triangle to open up you have to hit it dead nuts to get it to work. If you miss it by a pixel you'll have to keep trying until you hit the magic spot. That is a pretty minor issue though it drives me nuts. Nothing like having to click it 12 times to get it to open. And you can go back to the old interface via Workshop Preferences.

The meat of it though (Prinergy) is as awesome as ever.

Just upgraded to 5.2 loving it so far.. went right from 4.2 so its a big change.. We also upgraded to a new IBM server running 2008 window.. Having some configuration issues with the Imposition Output to the "cannon" copier printing seperations as Black? but thats a small thing '"in general" the 5 weeks weve been using Prinergy 5.2 with Web Native archiving and the nightly back-up have been smooth. Love how everything opens from "right under the hood"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back