Prinergy network question...

lostmind

Quick question. Do you have your Prinergy server set up for internet access? I've never had to before that I know of but the last 2 months I haven't been able to start Prinergy because it "Can't verify the license". This has been happening at the first of the month. Today, I couldn't login to Workplace because it said "Checking for Updates". Ten minutes later it would clear and tell me the server couldn't be found...Is this something new? Thanks for any responses!

well of cource we have. I believe prinergy 7.5 was last one with dongle. So if your's newer then it's primary server requires internet to evaluate it's license twice a year i think

Quick question. Do you have your Prinergy server set up for internet access? I've never had to before that I know of but the last 2 months I haven't been able to start Prinergy because it "Can't verify the license". This has been happening at the first of the month. Today, I couldn't login to Workplace because it said "Checking for Updates". Ten minutes later it would clear and tell me the server couldn't be found...Is this something new? Thanks for any responses!

Our current leased Prinergy system MUST be available to their technicians 24/7/365.
Probably phone's home constantly.

Let me start at the main issue and see if something's wrong in the settings setup.
For some reason, every few month's something goes wrong with the network, and some computers in the workplace lose their TCP/IP settings and I go in a fix them. Easy. This is now happening to the Prinergy Server. There are 2 network connections...Kodak Tunnel and the company. When the settings are wiped out, I try the network troubleshooting tool and it says "DHCP is not enabled" to which I tell it to fix. I go to the company network (IPv4) settings and put in the TCP/IP information. I ignore the IPv6 settings on this one. On the Kodak Tunnel network connection, both IPv4 and IPV6 are set to obtain their own IP addresses. I'm not a network expert obviously, but am I missing something in this part? I was able to get an internet connection but still having issues with the client on my Mac and "checking for updates" unless I use the IP address for the name of the server which I've never had to before. (This all started with the new owners wanting to access everything remotely and messing with the server and now 10 months later, I have new owners again and new server issues!) Thank you!

This all started with the new owners wanting to access everything remotely and messing with the server and now 10 months later, I have new owners again and new server issues!) Thank you!
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Whoever set up the 'server' to allow remote connections should be the responsible party to diagnose/repair your connection.
You may not have the ability to 'fix' the problem.
PUNT the task - convince the new owners you are not in control of nor cognizant of the changes made to the necessary network connections.
If it continues to be your problem get outside help. This gets very complex very quickly.
Although network guys make it look easy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back