Apogee 2 Taipan 3.1 corrupt EDF files

blackfry

Hi all,

I recently bought a Accuset 1500 with Apogee PDF Rip series 2 (Taipan 3.1) running on Win NT 4

The previous owner was always running this on a network adressing the Apogee as a normal printer, but I can't link this old insecure OS to our network. I set up a secure server dropping the files in a folder and this works fine when I use the pilot to manualy send the files to the printer.

However, I can't change the resolution or any of the other settings using AgfaSET because most of the .edf are corrupt.

I do not have the original installation CD so I can't do a clean install, and when I try to install the the Accuset as default printer to adress it via the PPD I also get an error about missing files.

Can anyone provide the .edf files or the original installation files?

If you only have the install files for a later windows OS that's also fine because were looking into upgrading the PC/OS anyway to make it compatible with our network.

Please PM me if I need to set up a FTP server or something.

Thanks in advance,

Bas

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back