Apogee Rip Error

elmartin4

I have a Palladio CTP with Apogee PDF Rip.
Apogee Rip Server display this message: RIP performed an anormal shut down. Unable to conect to engine.
What can be causing this problem? I appreciate any help.

Apogee PDF RIP works with AGFA equipment via APIS protocol, but Palladio, as OEM Screen machine uses another one, like PELBOX, and (as I still remember), Palladoios imaged via AGFA Grafixx RIP, which actually Harlequin based.

May be latest models of Palladio have APIS, but AGFA laid me off before I was able to touch them.
If that's true, so you have a problem with interface board.

Last edited:
PrintDrive is OK, but in case of direct imaging via AGFA PDF RIP... can't even imagine how it's possible for Palladio.

Turn it off and back on again?

Turn it off and back on again?

What have you tried to fix this problem?
Apart from the extremely obvious, I would look in the BIOS to see if the SCSI card is registering and maybe if the Palladio shows up as a connected device.
Windows Device manager?
SCSI cable plugged in?
Palladio errors?
Re-seat cards?

I solved the problem. For some unknown reason the CTP ID does not match the ID of RIP TUNER, one was 8 and the other 5.

Vlad: I have a driver palladium Apogee PDF Rip support, which should be installed only with version 2 of Apogee PDF Rip, that is, before installing any update should install the driver.

Thank you for your help.
Greetings.

Vlad ...
I have a CTP Palladio and am using silver halide plates.
Due to the growing scarcity of such plates, I am investigating whether it is possible to change the laser unit to process Thermal plates. Do you think this is possible?.

Greetings.

Not for the Palladio... and many other devices :(
Possible upgrade was for Lased Diode assembly to increase the laser power from 5 mW to 30 mW .
Palladois next generation all have 30-50 mW LD.
That upgrade gives a possibility to expose photopolymer plates.

Agfa does not have a thermal version of the Palladio. We now sell the Avalon N4. This unit is the same format size as the Palladio.You will also need to purchase our latest front end, Apogee Prepress. The PDF Rip was retired many years ago. Contact your local Agfa rep to get details on the options available to you.

Phil Crosby - Senior Trainer - Agfa Graphics North America

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back