Apogee X & Xerox

Ax and Xerox

Ax and Xerox

I can only speak as a commercial Agfa ApogeeX user. In Ax, you can output to an imposed PDF. You can also apply Pitstop preflight profiles and actions to said PDF, as well as normalize the incoming PDF so you have a more reliable output. That imposed PDF could be dumped the Xerox workflow.

I don't know what Xerox will accept as far as rendered tiff files, as it changes depending on the RIP, but Agfa offers a TIFF Platesetter option that can send rendered tiff files out of ApogeeX. I know it can do separated tiffs, but I don't know about composite.

I'd personally consider just sending the imposed PDF through the Agfa Export task processor. Then you can let your Xerox RIP handle the rendering for color, etc. If you're not happy with the way the Xerox RIP handles the PDF file, then you can always add on the TIFF Platesetter option.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back