ApogeeX 3 and Preps4.2 marks on the impo proof

kjacobson

I am having an issue with our marks on our imposed proofs. They come out on the plate but the imposed proofs have the marks only as outlines showing where the marks are. I have saved them out as Illustrator 8 eps files with an 8bit color tiff preview. What am I missing here? Could it be that I saved them out on a mac and preps is on a pc?

I believe I read somewhere that saving your marks as PDF format rather than as EPS format resolves that issue but I am not a 100% certain on this.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
Jon

Your need to have both . As in an eps AND a PDF of the same mark.

It's the same if you want to do a PDF to PDF impo through Preps. You need both.

I currently have both in the marks folder now (an eps and a pdf). Same result. In Preps when I say add custom mark, I can't see any PDF's in the marks folder it is only seeing the eps files. My only options are EPS file or TIFF's.

OK, I'm assuming you're using a Preps template in Apogee? You need to have both marks on the Apogee server in the marks folder and Apogee set to that folder.
With PDF and eps in your Preps marks folder, Preps will use the PDF marks only for PDF to PDF and the eps marks for everything else.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back