aqueous coatings

richck

We are running an inline coating unit on our Speedmaster using aqueous coatings, i was just wondering if anybody knows of any products on the market for coating uncoated stocks, we seem to be using uncoated stocks more and more these days and we could do with coating or sealing them to speed up the turnaround time,and prevent scuffing and marking. Any advice much apprieciated.
Thanks.

Re: aqueous coatings

HI there,

I used aqueous coating uncoaed stocks 170 + with some good results, but beacuse of the porosity of the uncoated stock its impossible to coat without causing excessive/major paper curl in the grain direction. I think its a case of horses for courses. If rubbing and marking are a major issue then try getting an ink/vehical combination which sets at the right rate as the stock you are using?

Paul

I've used the C&A coating for uncoated non-curl. It works ok, I wouldn't go less than 80# text and on heavy ink coverage i had issues with offset. I also had ink back-trap on the coater blanket. It does take a little longer to dry, but it look very nice. Good luck!

Used to coat uncoated (offset) stocks in the sheetfed world. It worked fine to seal the sheet. We just used our regular coatings, nothing special.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back