Automatic front to back registration for Ricoh Pro C5200S

cmcfarling

My understanding is that the C5200S has a feature that can use a printed target and the scanner to automatically adjust the front to back registration for duplex printing.

See 0:37 in this video

I can't find anything about this in the documentation though. Does anyone know how this works and where the target file is?

My understanding is that the C5200S has a feature that can use a printed target and the scanner to automatically adjust the front to back registration for duplex printing.

See 0:37 in this video

I can't find anything about this in the documentation though. Does anyone know how this works and where the target file is?
Unfortunately, that process never really lived up to its potential. You're probably better off printing a favored test target file and making adjustments to the custom paper advanced settings as required.

on a similar subject but with the C5310.. I'm trying to do the auto adjustment for registration "align front to back images", and I can't make sense of how I'm supposed to line up the backgroud sheet and alignment sheets on the scanner. I can't follow the onscreen instructions or the user guide - it doesn't make sense to me in words.

in the meantime should I try tray alignment via the fiery instead? I'm trying to print some business cards for the first time and trying to get the duplex registration bang on.

I would call in and have your tech walk you through it. They should have done that during install.
thanks - and yes - in hindsight. at the end of the training when they asked if there was anything else I asked about tray alignment and he said to just leave that for now - if registration becomes an issue they'll send a tech out. I'll get them to come and go through it

for now am playing with tray alignment on the fiery and it seems to be helping. it's only out by about 1mm but would be nice to get it bang on if possible.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back