Av30 vacum problems

LUIS AVILA

:confused:I have lost of vacum, I already check the vacum pump alone is 15 with the vacum system connected drops to 2, I replace all the hoses but I saw the problem is between the punch assembly and drum is a rubber gasket but I cant find the original replacement somebody have the exact size of that gasket or tell me were I can find one of these.

Create it by you own, Luis!
The sealing gasket is not replaceable part and does not have a part # even.
Try to find a self adhesive rubber based tape at local shops.
But I suppose you have vacuum problem at NIP-Assy, Cutter, or Punch, if you open it up and removed inner part recently.
Or... vacuum valves are open if you load narrow film and all drum's wholes suck air, not only the center zone of the drum.

Last edited:
exactly how is this causing you a problem?
Are you getting an error message? (and what exactly is it)
Is there something specific the machine will not do?

Was there something you did mechanically to the machine prior to this happening?

the problem is lost of register, I don´t get any error message. I was causing this problem because I removed the punches to avoid film jam because every time I load or reload film the error 6 appears and the film jams in the punch system.

Ok... and you destroyed thin black rubber vacuum sealing tape at the Punch Assembly, Luis!

Last edited:
Yes I did, do you know where I can find one of those or what can I use to replace it, also If you can tell me a tip how to put the heavy punch assembly without damage the rubber seal. Thanks a lot for your care and help.

Luis, you can use self-adhesive rubber tape.
I used some from my local HOME DEPOT shop - special tape to fix drain leakage.
Auto shops have some ones as well.
You have to cut thin strips and replace old ones at Punch Assy because different thickness.
Do not use tapes for "windows winterizing" - they are too thick.
You do not need any special tricks, just be careful when install Assy back. Do it with smbdy else, you really need extra hands for that procedure.
BTW look inside the AV30, may be some part of old tape still persists at the drum's place for Punch Assy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back