Avantra 30 2400dpi dots not sharp,clear

Buchu

Hi everyone,
i am asked to calibrate an avantra 30 imagesetter for the 2400 dpi resolution.first i imaged the exposure test from the image setter itself and i found exposure value of 200 is the correct exposure|(i measured using denisitometer and found 200 to be ok) but the dots are kind of foggy not clear and sharp.i tried to calibrate from the rip(xitron navigator7 ) i am getting inconsistent results.i want to resolve the dot issue first do i have to check and test the focuser parameters?or could it be a laser problem ? has anyone faced same issue please reply
thanks

After cleaning the spinner mirror your problem will disappear.
Use Avantra internal test exposure value to find optical density about 4.0D only, not for %%.
Dont try to reach 50% decreasing exposure, use RIP calibration for that purpose.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back