Avantra 30 "Enlarge Flush Policy" Error

santos

Hi,

We are so stuck wait a recuurent problem on our Avantra. We have a 4 colour magazine that we just cannot send for separations. We have tried various tests. one of them was to reduce just the first 8 pages from A4 size to A5 to see if it is a "dimension" problem and in fact the film did come out. When we then tried the normal file (which is 4 imposed A4 pages) we got the usual "Enlarge flush Policy" error as soon as the document arrived for separation in the rip.

today we will try reducing the percentage of the file slowly and testing to see again if it is a dimesion problem but any helpor suggestions are really appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

Santos - [email protected]

Coming back again to your question you asked before, I have put some light on the problem:
Try antoher trick - try to cheat your Avanta: put the Film Width parameter just about 1/4" wider than real Film size you use.
Actual Avantra's imageable area is 6 millimeters (3mm from left and right sides) less then Film size.
I've met that problem before - job was just 1 mm wider then Imageable area and ... in some cases RIP flushed that job or Avantra used default page size like LETTER size - depends on your WorkFlow.
Check your film width and make some calculations, taking in account that registration and crop marks will give you about one extra inch to your every A4 page if you use a kind of Ganging feature. Check Page Border params as well if that feature is ON.

Last edited:
avantra 30. Flush issue, SIze reduction

avantra 30. Flush issue, SIze reduction

Good day. I have an avantra 30 and i am trying to seperate the colour of a file that is 70 cm by 50 cm. When i seperate the colour in the rip, it does not give me the entire picture. The picture ic cut on the side. How can i solve this issue. Earlier, i was getting an error message that the file was flushing. Please can you help.

Coming back again to your question you asked before, I have put some light on the problem:
Try antoher trick - try to cheat your Avanta: put the Film Width parameter just about 1/4" wider than real Film size you use.
Actual Avantra's imageable area is 6 millimeters (3mm from left and right sides) less then Film size.
I've met that problem before - job was just 1 mm wider then Imageable area and ... in some cases RIP flushed that job or Avantra used default page size like LETTER size - depends on your WorkFlow.
Check your film width and make some calculations, taking in account that registration and crop marks will give you about one extra inch to your every A4 page if you use a kind of Ganging feature. Check Page Border params as well if that feature is ON.

Enlarge Flush Policy

Enlarge Flush Policy

What is Ganging feature.

Most of all RIPs have such a kind of feature :

AGFA RIPs - Ganging
Harlequin based RIPs - Fill Drum and Fill Row

What's film width in Cassette parameters?

Enlarge Flush Policy

Enlarge Flush Policy

-I have a Harlequin rip. I belief it is Harlequin 6.0. How do you get to the Fill Drum and Fill Row. Also do i need to turn both feature on?

-Based on your experience, it is better to use avdiag or unidiag to diagnose problems on your imagesetter?

Thanks for your response in advance

-I have a Harlequin rip. I belief it is Harlequin 6.0. How do you get to the Fill Drum and Fill Row. Also do i need to turn both feature on?

-The film i am using is 763 mm (millimeters) and the image i am trying to produce is 700 mm by 500 mm. These dimension is smaller than maximum exposure area for an agfa avantra 30 imagesetter. I read this from one agfa book. I do not know if i am wrong

-Based on your experience, it is better to use avdiag or unidiag to diagnose problems on your imagesetter?

Enlarge Flush Policy

Enlarge Flush Policy

-The film i am using is 763 mm (millimeters) and the image i am trying to produce is 700 mm by 500 mm. These dimension is smaller than maximum exposure area for an agfa avantra 30 imagesetter. I read this from one agfa book. I do not know if i am wrong

Maximum imageable area Av30 is 757 mm width and 635 mm high.
In RIP(harlequin Navigator) go through:

Navigator->Page Setup manager->Select Avantra30->Edit->Page layout->Page size->Other->
input your desirable 710 and 510mm ->OK

Fill Film feature is available in here as well: put mark on box Enable Feature and choose Fill Film.
But keep in mind that feature is good for multi-page exposing at the same drum layout, not for CMYK placement .

AvDiag is preferable for Avantras, Unidiag can get some errors in case of reprogramming DEC board, but OK for other functions.
Unidiag - for Phoenix and CTP

Last edited:
Enlarge Flush Policy

Enlarge Flush Policy

Thanks alot for your rapid response. When you say ("But keep in mind that feature is good for multi-page exposing at the same drum layout, not for CMYK placement .") Does that mean that if i have a picture of myself that is 70 cm by 50 cm i cannot make the cyan, magenta, yellow and black films? Is the fill drum in the same area as the fill film and do we have to use both at the same time

If i want to make films (CMYK) from an A4 picture, but i have only the big films ( film that has a width of 76cm) in my imagesetter, what can i do to not to waste film? Can i set up the imagesetter so that the four colors will come out at the same time. That is come out in parallel, side by side. Such that the lenght of the film will be the lenght of a4 and width will be the total width of the a4 films plus spacebetween the films for things like registration marks. I.E. width = (4 X 8.5 cm) + space for registration = 34 cm + space for registration = this is less than 76 cm

One more time thanks for your help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back