Avantra 30E aperture

Dieudos123

Hello everybody on this forum!
I have the problem maybe on the aperture for avantra 30E.
In fact I print the job from the RIP or if I do internal test page
from the machine the result is the same:the image is not clear!
Especial when I do that in 2400dpi.When I removed the carriage so that I check on SGM,I found that on aperture the
1800dpi hole was selected even if on the machine the 2400dpi was selected!I tried to change the resolution on the machine many times but the aperture position doesnt change!As the service manual tells each resolution has its
hole on the aperture when selected.The biger for 3600dpi the smallest for 1200dpi.What can cause this?

Thank you.

Using AVDIAG, check to see that the Imager is configured correctly for correct spotsize
number of flags. (single,or multipel)

STSTech

Helo STSTech,
Thank you for your reply.Please tell me :what should be the default spotsize configuration
for Avantra 30E?And what is the difference between single and multiple?
Excuse me for asking more things.In fact ,I am electronician but I am new in using AvDiag.

Thank you.

Dieudos123,

Need to ask you a few questions,before we center on the spot size changer. Have you replaced the DEC board on this machine? Do you know how to get into imagesetter configuration,using AVDIAG?

You have removed the carriage and looked at what you call the aperture that has holes in it. At each hole is there a flag that will pass by a sensor. If there is a flag at each hole,
them configuration should be set for Multiple, if only one flag, set for single.

This is something that needs to be checked, may not fix your problem.

STSTech

STSTech,
Thank you for taking your time helping me to get out of this problem.
I have not replaced the DEC board.Yes of course I know how to get into imagesetter configuration,using AVDIAG.
When I checked on the aperture wheel,it has 4 holes of different sizes and on each hole there is a flag.

Dieudos123,

A few more questions.When did this problem start? Where there any new parts installed in this machine? Is this a new install? When you power up the imagersetter, do you get any errors displayed on the control panel? Have you tried running the spot size changer test in AVDIAG?
AV30E only gives you 3 resolutions, 1200,1800,and 2400. If you look at the DEC parameters you'll see that 3600 is disable.

STSTech

In fact this problem started when the spinner was replaced,because the spinner which came with the machine stoped to work.But before,the machine was working very well for a long time and the image out was OK.
While starting it displays error 172(Supply punch motor off failed)and then 182(Take-up punch motor off failed).
I bypass them and the machine finish to boot.
But the machine had these errors since it came even before the first spinner stop.
I have never tried to run the spot size changer test with Avdiag and I have not yet changed Polariser home
or Focus position setings.

Thanks.

In fact this problem started when the spinner was replaced,because the spinner which came with the machine stoped to work.But before,the machine was working very well for a long time and the image out was OK.
While starting it displays error 172(Supply punch motor off failed)and then 182(Take-up punch motor off failed).
I bypass them and the machine finish to boot.
But the machine had these errors since it came even before the first spinner stop.
I have never tried to run the spot size changer test with Avdiag and I have not yet changed Polariser home
or Focus position setings.

Thanks.

Perhaps, you are heading to the wrong direction in your troubleshooting procedure.
Why do not you concentrate on the Spinner installation, alignment and BOL procedure and making sure it has been carried out properly. Make sure when the Spinner is off and the beam is on, the beam is on the middle of the spinner mirror. The Spinner shouldn't be tilted and should be in a straight line with the beam.
The punch errors could be from SDM pcb. Swipe output and input SDM PCBs and note if you get different error messages. Replace the defective SDM if necessary.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
Farshad,
I thank you for your reply.
But I have one more quetion:how to check if the beam in the middle of the spinner mirror?
Since the carriage is inside the drum.Is it possible to run the machine with the carriage being out of the drum?

Thank you.

Good day.
Not wanting to second guess you, Farshad, so please forgive my response.
If the carriage was removed without the carriage tool, there is agreat possibility that the carriage bearings have been knocked out of place and this can also cause bad image (focus). Another cause could be as farshad says, spinner motor not installed correctly. The pin on the spinner motor has to be pushed tight up against the pin on the carriage for good focus and the motor has to be correctly anchored. It is very easy to have the motor tightened skew. If all this is OK, you may well need to run full focus diagnostics, but please make sure that the spinner is in fact installed absolutely correctly and that the optics have been cleaned correctly. I have never had a focus problem after changing a spinner motor. Large aperture is indeed small spot high resulution, small aperture large spot low resolution - just a quirk of laser optics. Also, setting resolution on the machine has no effect on the what the job is set up for. The control panel setting is overridden by the job parameters.
Regards.
Gerald.

Farshad,
I thank you for your reply.
But I have one more quetion:how to check if the beam in the middle of the spinner mirror?
Since the carriage is inside the drum.Is it possible to run the machine with the carriage being out of the drum?

Thank you.
First follow the procedure for Spinner installation in the manual. To make sure the beam is in the middle, you will need to bypass the door's interlocks and leave the doors and covers open,with unidiag or Avdiag move the carriage to Drum end position, stop the spinner and turn the beam on using BOL alignment window. Make the room dark by turning all lights off and get your head inside the drum while spinner is off and the beam is on. Visually make sure the beam is as close as to the middle of the mirror using a piece of white paper which covers the mirror. If it isn't, so you will need to loose the spinner holding screw and moving the spinner to the right position. Then carry out the BOL procedure according to service manual with 2400 dpi and polarizer at 5000.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you all,for your good advices.
Tomorrow I shall go on the machine and try to do all you told me.
Thank you.

Thank you all,for your good advices.
Tomorrow I shall go on the machine and try to do all you told me.
Thank you.

Good luck! I hope you have unidiag, as it is easier to work on this diagnostic software compare to AVDIAG. One Last advice is to remove the Black Shrouds from the both side of the carriage and make sure carriage bearings isn't noisy while moving it back and forth.

Farshad,
I have both unidiag and AVDIAG.
Please tel me:you told to put polariser at 5000.Which one?Polarizer Home Offset or Polarizer Motor Rate?

Farshad,
I have both unidiag and AVDIAG.
Please tel me:you told to put polariser at 5000.Which one?Polarizer Home Offset or Polarizer Motor Rate?

You can use both Avdiag and unidiag for this. Please open the attached file for the unidiag version.

Hope this will help!

Attachments

• polarizer1.jpg
    polarizer1.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Hi,
Farshad,
I tried to reinstall Spinner following the procedure in the manual,and then
I tried to do the engine test page ,the image was almost clear compared
to that one before.I suitched the machine off and when I came back to suitch
it on it had problem of booting some time it finish to boot and sometime not.
It stops at line six:
DL:1.5
OCP:32.17
DIAG:20.11
CORR:2-00-05
DSP:40.08
DEC:40.17
Please what can cause this.

Hi,
Farshad,
I tried to reinstall Spinner following the procedure in the manual,and then
I tried to do the engine test page ,the image was almost clear compared
to that one before.I suitched the machine off and when I came back to suitch
it on it had problem of booting some time it finish to boot and sometime not.
It stops at line six:
DL:1.5
OCP:32.17
DIAG:20.11
CORR:2-00-05
DSP:40.08
DEC:40.17
Please what can cause this.

Is there any errors generate after this?what is the error number? Did you install the shrouds properly? Did you touch the flat cable from DEC to the carriage board? Take it out and reconnect it in firmly while holding the carriage stand still with one hand and connecting the cable with other one without damaging the pins. Also check the olp and bridge cables and make sure the olp is on and ready before turning the engine on.

Cation: when working on cables, wires or any part of machines, both engine and olp have to be off and also the olp has to be unplugged from wall outlet.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.
Now I am on the machine.I tried to reconnect the flat cable to the carriage
and control all other cables but no change.It display also error 172,174 and 182.
But the spiner motor is turning on

Last edited:
It finaly could boot!Supply and take up punch were jamed but
now I have error 200 while booting and error 51 after booting.

Dieudos123,
The errors that you are getting experiencing are comming from the bridge buffer bd. Check your connection to the board,and interface cable going from DEC bd. to bridge buffer bd. This could be why you where having the Imager not completing a boot.

STSTech

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back