Avantra 30E aperture

STSTech,
Thank you for your reply.
I am still checking the machine.But the problem of not to boot came back
with error 174 and error 182 !Any advice again?

Dieudos123
You may have a bad DEC bd. When the imager does not boot, do you hear the spinner spin up? Do you hear the musical tone? One thing that you may want to do, is put AVDIAG in monitor mode and turn on the imagesetter. This will show you how the imager is booting and where it fails.

STSTech

It finaly could boot!Supply and take up punch were jamed but
now I have error 200 while booting and error 51 after booting.

You aren't telling me something.
You do not want to tell me you tried to download the bridge firmware and all of the sudden these errors appeared. Did you? Errors clearly say you lost communication with the Bridge PCB.

Last edited:
Hi,
I did not download the bridge firmwire,the problem came all of sudden.
I am new on using Avdiag and Unidiag and I know that some operations can damage the machine.I think that maybe the brigde board is old since the machine did not work for along time:about 2 years and it was dusty before
I work on it I had to clean it.Sometime it finish to boot and sometime it doesn't.Is it the bridge board problem?

Dieudos123,

We need to know what you mean when you say the Avantra does not boot. When it doesn't boot. Need the following questions answered. Does the spinner spin up? Does the carriage go to home? Do you get the musical tone? You must remenber that the bridge software is the last to show on the control panel. That is due to the DEC bd. sending out commands to unlock the bridge. If you think the the bridge bd. is the cause of you problems, go into configuration and disable bridge/buffer board.

STSTech

Hi,
I did not download the bridge firmwire,the problem came all of sudden.
I am new on using Avdiag and Unidiag and I know that some operations can damage the machine.I think that maybe the brigde board is old since the machine did not work for along time:about 2 years and it was dusty before
I work on it I had to clean it.Sometime it finish to boot and sometime it doesn't.Is it the bridge board problem?

O.k. That can happen. Do not feel bad. Now you have another problem. The bridge pcb. Do you have this part or can you test the existing one on another machine?

Thank you Farshad and STSTech for helping me on this problem,GOD bless you.
Now I think that I have another problem and bigger than the first:I used Avdiag,into configuration and disabled bridge/buffer board.Now the machine boot and finish well,I can even image from the RIP or do the machine test
page I can work using offline mode without problem.But to develop it it is not easy because the processor is agfaline it is not possible to work using offline mode and the owner has no take up casette.
I think I have the Brigde PCB Board and I don't have this part.Is it posible to repare this one damaged?

Thank you Farshad and STSTech for helping me on this problem,GOD bless you.
Now I think that I have another problem and bigger than the first:I used Avdiag,into configuration and disabled bridge/buffer board.Now the machine boot and finish well,I can even image from the RIP or do the machine test
page I can work using offline mode without problem.But to develop it it is not easy because the processor is agfaline it is not possible to work using offline mode and the owner has no take up casette.
I think I have the Brigde PCB Board and I don't have this part.Is it posible to repare this one damaged?

I think you didn't do anything wrong. The Bridge PCB was at the end of it's life cycle.
Why do not you take a look at the PCB. Perhaps you could fine some signs which will give you some hints for defective parts. I have all the parts for Avantra 30E and willing to offer you a bridge PCB at reasonable and below the market price if your repair procedure is unsuccessful, hoping this will help to resolve the issue completely. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Last edited:
Farshad,
I removed the board I am checking it but I see no signs for defective component.Is possible to replace
the flash chip?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back