Avantra25 - problem with stacking film in output casette

vogar

we have problem with stacking film in Avantra 25 output casette. It seems as the core which grabs the film sometimes does not spin much enough to roll the film on it properly. Primarily we thought that it is problem of bad friction between output casette roll and driving motor roll, but it is not the case.
Could anobody help us to solve the problem?

Wojciech

If you have good contact with the Cassette and the Drive wheel, then it may just be the age of the motor. It does not have enough oomph to drive the cassette at the proper speed. The cassette may also need an adjustment of the clutch.

If you are able to stop the Motor Wheel touching yoir pointer finger with a small force - that's a Motor aging problem (carbon brushes wornt-out) and it needs more DC current to be driven. The Motor is not repairable at normal circumstances.
The second issue could be a SDM board problem (L298N chip).
The third - if the Motor OK - checK the T/U Cassette
You need a visit of the Serviceman to figure out what's happened and to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Stacking film

Stacking film

Thank you for the clues. One have to press the wheel pretty firmly to stop it. We observed loading of the film into casette with opened lid. Not every time the clutch grabs the film properly (film pass by) or if grabs properly does not wind film tightly. It suggests more the problem with electronic. Could it be the problem with the optical sensor which reads the revolution of casette core or rather with SDM board problem (L298N chip)as suggests AGFA-Vlad?
The problem is that here in Poland Agfa is pretty reluctant to service CTF any more and claims the cosmic fee.
Therefore we are looking for other means to solve the problem. Perhaps some service manual could help us to clear out the problem.
I'm waiting for other suggestions.
Wojciech

vogar,
you have to adjust the Cassette clutch spring for good greep of Media.
Just be sure the Reflective bar on the T/U Cassette wheel is still on the place and comletely DOWN position when clutch leaps are fully OPEN. That's for proper optical sensor reading.
I've met the issues when set-screw on the Cassette Wheel was loosen and the clutch missed the film output slot.

Last edited:
Avantra film stacking

Avantra film stacking

Thank you for the suggestions. However I do not understand what means adjusting clutch spring. The clutch lips work gravitational. The only two springs which I see in cassette are:
one to open cassette slot and another one to change the friction on clutch bearing. That spring we have tried to adjust in both direction and it seemed to have no effect. Reflective bar on the cassette wheel is in top down position when clutch lips are fully opened and we have notices that they are fully opened in the angle of about 15 degrees from top down position of reflective bar.
We appreciate to get more suggestions how to solve that problem.
Wojciech

HI,u can u using same as SDM board test it,if as same as problem,then I can comfired SDM board not problem!And pls tell me what error code,I can help u solve it

joe

If I only knew how to get into the service procedure from the panel. I know how to get in SelectSet5000 but unfortunately not for Avantra25. Any info would be appreciated.

sorry,u cannot get into service procedure from the panel,it is not as same as ss5000,get into service procedure from the panel must from other Avdiag software puls test cables

pls tell me error code,I can help u

It is pity, that we cannot perform any test procedure by ourselves. We do not get any non specific error code. Only the standard one - number 6 film jam.

pls check yours frist senors,next check Nip and takeup cassettes,it is online or offine,

pls tell me yours msn or yahoo..

Sensors were cleaned, cassetes checked (read our previous posts). I do not know what do you mean by Nip.
We do not use msn or yahoo massenger, but we can set up msn on wish. We use Skype. our nick is vogar_wojciech
We can also communicate in German if easier. No offence.
Wojciech

You are making this harder than it is. As Vlad and I mentioned, the motor is probably weak and needs replaced. If you want to check out the SDM Bd., just swap them. They are the same. Being an AV25, this could be the original motor and therefore is the most likely problem.

And I want to repeat my second supposition:
flat bent spring under T/U Cassette Motor became weak and Motor and Cassette Wheels have a loosen contact or even more - broken T/U Motor plastic holder.

Last edited:
AVANTRA 25 online developer 20/25 problem

AVANTRA 25 online developer 20/25 problem

My online developer of avantra 25, the agfa G&J 20/25 still write into display g1 ATB v03 LUTH and not start.
What can be the problem?
With regards
wrote also at paologll (at) gmail.com

My online developer of avantra 25, the agfa G&J 20/25 still write into display g1 ATB v03 LUTH and not start.
What can be the problem?
With regards
wrote also at paologll (at) gmail.com

Problem in CPU board or ATB board,I can repairs the board

I think you guys are all getting beyond yourselves. The fact that the original poster did not mention any error reporting means that the take-up cassette core is being driven correctly and there are no problems with the sensors. Thing to look for is the operation of the core. Take the lid off the cassette and observe the motion while performing a "feed and cut". The core should rotate then come to a stop. The 2 halves of the core should stay closed at the top, which means that the bottom of the core is open to accept the film. If the one half of the core falls down, the bottom of the core will be closed and film will not go into the core. In this case, there is something defective with the clutch or the clutch springs. Sometimes the hub of the clutch its self does come loose. It is easy to repair with 2-part epoxy. As the film goes into the cassette, the core will rotate in the opposite direction, thus closing the bottom of the core, the rubber(?) band will grip the film and the film will wind onto the core. This rubber band does become old and loses its "tackiness", which means that the film will slip out of the core and the film will not be wound onto the core. In this case, I have repaired this problem with heavy duty office elastic bands, available at any good stationery store. Concerning the motor losing strength, I have not seen this before. It either works or it doesn't. Just a note here. The flat spring tensioning the motor is rather critical. Too much tension can cause even a good motor to stall. Too little tension will cause slippage between the motor wheel and the cassette wheel. AVDiag does have a current control to the motor, this should be set up so that the motor "labours" when the film is being would onto the core. If the current is too high, the motor wheel will be forced to slip in relation to the cassette wheel and cause the "tyre" on the motor wheel to be damaged beyond repair. Also, just a word on AVDiag, it can only be run on pure DOS. A W95/98 laptop can be used booted up directly into dos. Hope this helps.
Gerald.

Thank you for the extensive reply. We did the test with the opened lid. We have had errors concerning the proper grabbing of the film by core clams. But after reducing the speed of core rotation and adjusting the tension we have eliminated that problem. But still we had the problem with propoer winding of the film on core. It does have the connection with the motor. After raising the motor current the problem diminished. We still do not know how to adjust the strenght of the motor spring. We also will follow your suggestion to add extra rubber band on core.
Wojciech

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back