Azura alternative plates.

check your drum for dust and crap in the machine.
you did say you had it cleaned recently, but maybe they weren't super careful about how much outside stuff they let into the machine.

When we've seen that before it's because there is stuff on the drum behind the plate when it's imaging. Even the smallest little spec of crud can cause that, if it lifts the plate just a hair. and the fact that it moves around makes that an even higher possibility.

But, that said, in case that isn't the issue, back to the processor. When we switched from regular azura plates, to the TS plates, we had a hell of a time with the processor because the TS plates were just plain dirtier. maybe these new plates of yours are causing a similar problem. The maintenance cycle is just for reference, the reality is it needs to get cleaned whenever IT wants to be cleaned. If you can (not sure how your processor works) trick the safety sensor and run a plate through with the cover off, check all your sprayers and jets to make sure that they are all spraying as they should. We used to get the TS slime stuck in everything, and every couple months had to tear the whole processor apart and run gallons of hot water through the system to clean out the blue goo. You might also be fighting left over TS goo.

This is a LOT of the reason, aside from the cost savings, that we switched to processless plates.

Don't think these spots come from the ctp,-then you never know-

We process azura plates on it's own cp85 processor with minor problems,and the positives on our old conventional lastra,so no azura goo to deal with!

You're right on the maintenance cycle,but at least for the cp85 cleaning it every 400 plates or at the end of the month kept it like new for the past 3 years.

The 1000 plates conventional processor cycle,is likewise an ''experience'' derived meter,not the manufacturers but then again we tested a lot with different chemicals there so you never know if it needs another cleaning allready!

There is another possibility: If your plates came out of platesetter clean and you get the dots at the end of developing, then problem is in plate processor. It would be good if you can see the plate before developing.

I have seen similar problem and plate result during developing with an old plate processor that had buildups of plate emulsion in pipes and pumps for recirculation. When they replaced plastic pipes and thoroughly clean the pumps, it never came out again. CTP has vacuum unit to hold the plate and dust extraction unit get the dust of the plate so if they work correctly, your plates should come out clean.

Go step by step: look at the imaged plate before it enters the developer; check it after developer and before water; etc. Check it after every phase so you can pinpoint the problem source.

I have seen similar problem and plate result during developing with an old plate processor that had buildups of plate emulsion in pipes and pumps for recirculation. When they replaced plastic pipes and thoroughly clean the pumps, it never came out again.

That could be it,i'll try and clean as much as i can the pipes and if the problem fades then i'll have something to start with.

The file i uploaded is in its original size,and since the spots can be cleaned i have excluded the ctp causing the problem option!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back