Bad trapping in Nexus 9.5.7

DCurry

As I mentioned in another thread, I've only been using Nexus (9.5.7) for 2 months now and have had some occasions where the PDF Trapper misses some objects that should trap. I've attached a sample PDF of a recent 2-color job. On each page, some of the bar charts need traps but don't get them. Most of them trap fine, but not all.

I've also attached screen shots of my settings, though I don't think the settings are the problem. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• trap-not.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 206
  • settings.pdf
    268 KB · Views: 198
I'll certainly try that, but as far as I can tell there are no gaps, even small ones.

There was also a job once where I know for a fact there were no gaps because one object was on top of the other and it didn't trap.

If you look at the file with a good PDF editor like Neo and really zoom in you will see the small gap's. See attached screen shot

I'll certainly try that, but as far as I can tell there are no gaps, even small ones.

There was also a job once where I know for a fact there were no gaps because one object was on top of the other and it didn't trap.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 12.25.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 12.25.31 PM.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 179
This is a small gap issue.. If you have the other job we can look at it also.

Unfortunately I can't remember which job it was, but I remember it was a PMS line sitting on top of black text. It was definitely not a "small gap" issue because the PMS line was knocking out the black.

Had another one today - this time I tried "Detect Small Gaps" and it did the trick.

So, is this something that most Nexus users leave on as their default? Are there any possible unintended bad consequences?

I leave it on. It will slow down the trapping a small bit, but it is worth it. It will detect leaks that you cannot zoom in close enough to see in programs like illustrator.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back