Banner printing on Versant 2100

Kiwiprint

Hi, I've been told that the Versant 2100 can print a sheet of up to 600mm length but I can't find any information on it. Has anyone seen this or are you doing it?

The specs on the FX site show 330 x 488 mm as the max sheet size, unless there is an optional extra?

In addition to this, would a toner banner be "fit for purpose" - what is the intended purpose of the banner (indoor, outdoor, requied life etc)?

Stephen Marsh

Max sheet size on the 2100 is 330mm x 660mm...talk to your tech to get the firmware upgrade. We have been printing 6pp A4 for some time now with great results!

You submit your job as normal through the fiery. Max stock weight is 220gsm but withe a few tweaks to transfer settings/fuser temp etc..we can run all weight no problem.

You can't do an alignment profile on the larger size but use the settings for the stock based on SRA3 and all good. Just ran 300 banner sheets on 250gsm, manual duplex and registration is bang on. These machines are great...image quality and speed much better than our 1000 and the longer sheet size is more valuable to us than clear or metalic.

That doesn't really explain much. Don't you have to set a stock size to 660mm or how are you getting around the 488mm or 19.21" limit?

You submit your job as normal through the fiery. Max stock weight is 220gsm but withe a few tweaks to transfer settings/fuser temp etc..we can run all weight no problem.

You can't do an alignment profile on the larger size but use the settings for the stock based on SRA3 and all good. Just ran 300 banner sheets on 250gsm, manual duplex and registration is bang on. These machines are great...image quality and speed much better than our 1000 and the longer sheet size is more valuable to us than clear or metalic.

I have been nagging Xerox about getting the 660mm length here in the US, and they keep saying they will look into it. What country are you in?

Is it only Fuji offering this then? Not a sniff of it that I've heard in the UK. They are probably afraid that it will eat into their iGen sales. I'm certainly going to take a good look at the Ricoh 7100 and 9100 before buying another Versant, as they do offer the larger sheet size and that would be really useful for us printing short run book covers.

You need to understand this XLS option is only for the Fiery.

Before you install the XLS option, be sure that the EX/EX-i Print Server is running Version 1.2 or later system software.

The XLS option is installed through the System Updates feature of the EX/EX-i Print Server. If System Updates is configured to automatically download and install updates, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you must install all available system software updates.

Sheets greater than 488mm can be printed single sided (simplex) only. Auto-duplex is not possible.

Print speed of 660mm sheets is up to 9ppm.

Media range is 52-220gsm for uncoated media, and 72-220gsm for coated media.

To use the Stock Library Manager with the XLS option, you must use v8.007 or later and Versant 2100 system is running 100.30.81 or later.

You need to understand this XLS option is only for the Fiery.

Before you install the XLS option, be sure that the EX/EX-i Print Server is running Version 1.2 or later system software.

The XLS option is installed through the System Updates feature of the EX/EX-i Print Server. If System Updates is configured to automatically download and install updates, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you must install all available system software updates.

Sheets greater than 488mm can be printed single sided (simplex) only. Auto-duplex is not possible.

Print speed of 660mm sheets is up to 9ppm.

Media range is 52-220gsm for uncoated media, and 72-220gsm for coated media.

To use the Stock Library Manager with the XLS option, you must use v8.007 or later and Versant 2100 system is running 100.30.81 or later.

DYP - I am in the USA. I've got an EX 80 running v1.2 SP1. If I purchase and install the software mentioned above ( http://electrical-components.com/xerox/497n04587.html), are you confident I'll have the ability to run an XL sheet? Or will I also need a firmware upgrade (discussed above)? Is this firmware upgrade to the Fiery or the Versant?

Probably depends on what finisher do you have? But it would be nice in someone that is running banners on the V80 would reply to one of these threads

Refere to this thread. https://printplanet.com/forum/digita...finisher-error

Check your custom page size on the engine if you can't go beyond 19.2" the XLS option on the RIP will not do you any good.

Last edited:
- Hi cap stacker
- Would love to hear from someone who has been successful
- V80 is at system software 80.30.71. 19.2" is the max :( Have asked my Xerox tech to look into any available updates and what they may be for.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back