Black Erase Board

We're actually doing a similar project, without the back lighting.
They're menu boards with everything pre-printed except the prices, which will be hand written. The prints (images and text with a black background) are being mounted on PVC board and then having a dry-erase laminate.
The customer wants to use "Bright Sticks"
Shown here.... Amazon.com: SANFORD Bright Stick Erasable Fluorescent Marker Set - MARKER FLOUR BRITE-STK 5PC SET, Price/1 ST Markers: Office Products
We outsource our wide format stuff, so I've requested a small sample piece that we're going to experiment on with the markers.
The markers in question are "wet erase", so we'll see.
If it doesn't work as planned, we're going to have the menu boards behind glass that can be written on with the markers.
I'll post our results

I have actually had pretty good success with a product called Chalk Talk. I was able to print directly on the substrate and it works great with fluorescent markers. I purchased the markers from staples.

You can get the material from:
Wensco Sign Supplies

or get it from the manufacturer rtape | R Tape

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 189
An Update to my previous post...

We got a sample print with black background mounted on PVC board with the dry erase laminate.

The markers looked great on it, and cleaned off easily. Got the job, just waiting on final copy.

We recently did a large format production schedule for a customer.
We printed the schedule on our Epson then bought a sheet of Dry Erase Plus and adhered it to the print.

It went on really easy with the applicator squeegee they supplied. The film works great too. You can use just about anything and it will clean off, even Sharpie markers.

Just make sure you get Clear not white. We accidentally bought white the first time so they over-nighted us another piece of clear for only $15 and let us keep the first sheet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back