blade does not come down all the way

RNRPRINTINGNMAILING

I really could use some help
My regular cutter is being worked on.
and my backup is an old 16 inch chandler & price cutter
my problem is that when I am cutting, the blade does not come down all the way.
I am not sure I know how to adjust it.
Does any one have a pdf on how to it shows how to do it.
Please help;

Thanks

Rob:confused:

is this an old hand lever style. if so there is probably a stop under the table. alternatively you may have to adjust the blade down.

The skill and knowledge involved in making such an adjustment form part of those involved in doing a knife change. If you are not up to speed on that procedure then you are not qualified to make that adjustment and in my opinion it would be irresponsible for someone to attempt to guide you through it by means of a public forum such as this one.

Your best recourse would be to enlist the aid of the trained professionals repairing your regular cutter. In the mean time, you can get around the problem by placing sufficient sheets of scrap stock under your job stock to achieve the desired result.

This is certainly not the response you wanted, but it should tide you over safely until the next visit of your qualified servicemen.

Al Ferrari

I appericate the honest reply, I have change the blade on my truimph cutter
but not on this one.
And I feel I should learn how to do this, and not have to pay for something so simple

Thanks

Rob

I agree with Al. Learning cutter blade adjustment out of book is not a wise thing. It could also be that the blade is too short from being resharpened and you are out of room for adjustment.

that is the key word
adjustment, i am not sure how do do it.
i know how to take out the blade andput it back in. i am not sure how to set it coming up and down.

Thanks

Rob

I dont have a c and p but I have a hand operated challenge and the adjustment is on the pull arm shaft. it is a simple bolt screw in screw out type thing. legally everyone will say dont do it your self. but any one should be able to adjust these. heck the thing is a complete osha issue anyway. we keep ours with a 2x4 in it and clamped down for some safety.

Safety is always a concern with guillotines. I cannot stress enough the importance of being careful! Those older machines had nothing in the way of safety mechanisms, so the potential for injury is very high at all times.

If there is someone knowledgeable close to you, pay for a one-time instruction. It would be far cheaper than the costs of the injury (or associated insurance premium increase, injury claims, etc).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back